Morning Jam at MRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
q2eQ33N.gif

All the dreamy words from our leaders

This is very dangerous. SMRT should have SOP for such situation. The least is to stop the escalator. What is the point of having g CCTV on the deck but not monitoring it?

This is very dangerous. SMRT should have SOP for such situation. The least is to stop the escalator. What is the point of having g CCTV on the deck but not monitoring it?

Yes, it is very dangerous, someone might get seriously injured.
anyone can stop the escalator, but will this person receive compliments from SMRT, or a fine for his action?

anyone can stop the escalator, but will this person receive compliments from SMRT, or a fine for his action?
Desmond Kuek Bak Chye will personally come to your house and award you a letter of commendation along with an EZ-Link Card for unlimited SMRT rides.

Just joking, several IOs will show up around midnight with a Warrant of Arrest under section 509 of the Penal Code because the Machik at the front of you while riding the escalator filed a police report for outrage of modesty as she thought you are attempting to upskirt her while you bend down.

Last edited:

To stop an escalator filled with people is equally, if not more dangerous.

I was expecting an officer from SMRT to come along and ask those yet to step onto the escalator to wait. When all already got off the escalator, he then stop the escalator, so that those who still wish to go up now have to climb the steps. But if the deck is too crowded, they should stop people from going up altogether.

I was expecting an officer from SMRT to come along and ask those yet to step onto the escalator to wait. When all already got off the escalator, he then stop the escalator, so that those who still wish to go up now have to climb the steps. But if the deck is too crowded, they should stop people from going up altogether.

Well, I expect their trains to run without fault too.....

I think they didn't monitor the platform at the time, that's why they didn't know/expect it would happen. When it happened, it didn't take too long for the SMRT staff to stop people from going up the escalator

I think they didn't monitor the platform at the time, that's why they didn't know/expect it would happen. When it happened, it didn't take too long for the SMRT staff to stop people from going up the escalator

......I think they should all kebelakang pusing instead of squashing into one another ...... unless you have one of those who like to come from behind ........ :p

I've experienced it before. Stopping the escalator with people riding on it will induce a jerk. People might lose their footing and fall.

I find that Hong Kong MTR is more advance then here. :)

[video=youtube;-Zuqr6TWTrA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zuqr6TWTrA[/video]

No technology or SOP will help if people just walk like zombies, staring at their screens and are oblivious to what's happening around them.
But then, you should be happy about these little hiccups - keeps the people talking, shouting, complaining .. being entertained ..

Status
Not open for further replies.