materoppuppets

May 14, 2006
137270-large-Morning_exercise.jpg

Camera settings :

Camera NIKON D200
Shutter Speed 0.0013 s (1/750)
Aperture f/2.8
Exposure aperture priority (semi-auto)
Focal Length 30.0mm (35mm equivalent: 45mm)
Flash No
ISO 100

I was with friends having a stroll in East Coast Park when I saw a group of "young at heart" people having their exercise (Tai Chi??? - forgive me not Chinese). The photo was originally taken in color but I converted it to B&W to give it more a classic look rather than colorful. The striking red shirts to my opinion spoilt the mood i wanted (calm, relax and focused) so I removed all the colors and played with the contrast in Photoshop. You will noticed that on the right is a little overexposed. I wanted to cropped them out but it will have an impact on the composition. There is no more second shot for this one. I only had one chance for the routine is about to end when I am able to get the angle I wanted.

Does it work?

hey.. glad u read the guidelines. =)
hmmz... i think i get ur idea, but if u want a calm, relaxed and focused mood, u should have gone for a portrait shot rather than of a group one.
to portray a calm, relaxed and focused mood, u need to be able to see the face.
the back grounds are a little distracting.. try to blur them out a bit.

p.s. if u want a classic look, try to go for an older grandpa preferably wearing the traditional kind of clothes wif those cloth shoes. a middle aged uncle wearing sports shoes doesn't exactly cut the classic look ;)

Nope....is there something distinct that makes this picture a photo taken by a Sigma Lens? I probably played to much with the contrast in PS

that post was actually posted as a warning against leonsoh19 to stop making postings against the guidelines in this thread. his posts have been deleted.

the bg of this shot is too messy and there are too much tones in the upper portion of your picture

you might want to consider shooting into the sun (over exposing the bg)
with one of the subjects blocking the sun
the subject will become a silhouette with a nice rim light

Status
Not open for further replies.