Not open for further replies.

Hosea

Apr 20, 2004
Singapore
www.stanleykay.com
Resize_of_DSC_0197ob.jpg

Hunting for new fishing spots.

Resize_of_DSC_0198ob.jpg

How to find a good new spot? Try harder, give me a helping hand.
Resize_of_DSC_0195outofbound.jpg

this place is punggol beach end ? I was there this morning too :D :D

Hosea said:
Really ,what time? Dont tell me you are one of them going for fishing? :bsmilie:

i was there around 10.40am... brought my dogs for a swim. Quite a big group of us actually ;p

Hosea,
the 1st 2 pics are nice, esp the 2nd with the birds in the air. However, I feel that for both pics, abit of the bottom can be cropped off (where there is a dirt path and lots of rubbish) to further strengthen the picture. What do you think?

regards
..NuTs..

nuts said:
Hosea,
the 1st 2 pics are nice, esp the 2nd with the birds in the air. However, I feel that for both pics, abit of the bottom can be cropped off (where there is a dirt path and lots of rubbish) to further strengthen the picture. What do you think?

regards
..NuTs..

Thanks Nut, good idea.. I didnt notice it.
Actually quite ashame each time I see how Singapore is litter with rubbish :confused: especially near beach area.

1st picture is best. The 2 man on RHS is balanced by the tree on the LHS, both subjects on the anchor points of the rule of thirds. I know it sounds very technical, but even looking at it from aesthetics point of view, it does work better than 2nd picture.

I thought you could improve 1st pic by cropping off some sky to make the land occupy 1/3 rather than the current 1/4 of the frame.

You are there at 6.15am!! Wow, I'm sure you must have driven there. That's good work! :) Your hardwork has paid off. Do you usually go so early and hope that there's something happening? Do share about your planning to achieve your shots. Thanks. ;)

yeocolin said:
1st picture is best. The 2 man on RHS is balanced by the tree on the LHS, both subjects on the anchor points of the rule of thirds. I know it sounds very technical, but even looking at it from aesthetics point of view, it does work better than 2nd picture.

I thought you could improve 1st pic by cropping off some sky to make the land occupy 1/3 rather than the current 1/4 of the frame.

You are there at 6.15am!! Wow, I'm sure you must have driven there. That's good work! :) Your hardwork has paid off. Do you usually go so early and hope that there's something happening? Do share about your planning to achieve your shots. Thanks. ;)

Thanks for your comments.
I was there upon a request of my friend to share on how to compose and shoot sunrise.
Very sad, while getting excited & at the same time trying to share with my friend, I didnt set my focus to auto & realized only after the beautiful red sun arose high. :confused:

I took a car ride from my friend, might go there next time by bus:sweat:
I wanna capture the many morning activities in Singapore, I have more to post on my today morning trip.

i think the first pic works better than the second one.. although the birds do make interesting subject... :think:

GDSNP said:
i think the first pic works better than the second one.. although the birds do make interesting subject... :think:
Thanks GDSNP,
I agree, how I wish the birds were there for the first photo. :D

Hosea said:
Thanks GDSNP,
I agree, how I wish the birds were there for the first photo. :D
i guess u cant have the best of both worlds.. but didnt they invented photoshop?? :bsmilie:

GDSNP said:
i guess u cant have the best of both worlds.. but didnt they invented photoshop?? :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: I try to be honest in my photography and will only use PS only when it is really necessary such as noises , dust to clear away,etc.
Morever, I dont know PS actually but try to learn coz I cant escape the reality.

Hosea said:
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: I try to be honest in my photography and will only use PS only when it is really necessary such as noises , dust to clear away,etc.
Morever, I dont know PS actually but try to learn coz I cant escape the reality.
same here.. im a computer idiot.. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
thats why im still sticking to film.. :p

Hosea said:

Welcome to the digital world. Digitally enhancing your photos doesn't make anyone less honest in their photography. Not knowing PS and not wanting to use PS are two different matters. PS doesn't guarantee a better photo, it takes a good eye to enhance a good photo into a better one. Again, welcome to the year 2004.

james2 said:
Welcome to the digital world. Digitally enhancing your photos doesn't make anyone less honest in their photography. Not knowing PS and not wanting to use PS are two different matters. PS doesn't guarantee a better photo, it takes a good eye to enhance a good photo into a better one. Again, welcome to the year 2004.

James,
I agree with you that digital world is the reality, we can't escape from it.Think this can enhances my photos framing and doing some tricks to make it look exceptional.

In the meantime, I will just concentrate more on improving my photography skill which I think should be the foundation even in this digital world.

Thanks for sharing and hope to learn PS from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.