More Tiger Airways saga...

Status
Not open for further replies.

philliptan

Jun 29, 2005
Pasir Ris
ourplants.wordpress.com
Sigh.... sitting here at the lousy Budget Terminal (and we are paying the same tax as T1)... it's 8:47am, my flight is scheduled to depart at 7:35am... now it's been delayed to 11am!!! And they gave us a single pack of instant noodles as compensation!!?! And how am I gonna eat it on the spot? ;( ;(

This is getting ridiculous....

Hope the bros and sis here don't suffer the same frustrations as I did... first the issue with the tax, then the arrogant stance by Tiger Airways and now this... :angry: :angry:

aiyo! instant noodles! like that also can.....

philliptan said:
Sigh.... sitting here at the lousy Budget Terminal (and we are paying the same tax as T1)... it's 8:47am, my flight is scheduled to depart at 7:35am... now it's been delayed to 11am!!! And they gave us a single pack of instant noodles as compensation!!?! And how am I gonna eat it on the spot? ;( ;(

Hope the bros and sis here don't suffer the same frustrations as I did... first the issue with the tax, then the arrogant stance by Tiger Airways and now this... :angry: :angry:

you are lucky, my wife was stranded in manila for more then 24 hrs previously

hey philip take a picture of that miserable instant noodle... send to the press with the tagline... budget terminal... budget food... budget service....

philliptan said:

Do a Hunger strike pose .... take a photo and post here....

That is why it is call budget...

You should try the airlines in China, than you will find our budget airline is still blessed...:bsmilie:

WAH PIANGZ!!!!!!!

Now delayed to 1500hrs!!! My whole day gone!!!

I've already written to the press over Tiger Airways.... Now it seems like I have to take a full page ad to get a reply!!! :angry: :kok:

philliptan said:
.....And they gave us a single pack of instant noodles as compensation!!?! And how am I gonna eat it on the spot?

Instant noodles can be eaten uncooked. I had eaten it before in my boyscout days when the portable stove we brought along didn't work.

We have survived the uncooked instant noodles. Don't know it's because the instant noodle or not. One of the boyscouts even went on to have two mistresses. :bsmilie:

So how much is the tax?
I thought the airport tax is set by CAAS?
More info leh...

How did they present u the instant noodle?
Did they tell u where u can get a bowl + hot water + chopstick?

Thanks...

Sion said:
Instant noodles can be eaten uncooked. I had eaten it before in my boyscout days when the portable stove we brought along didn't work.

We have survived the uncooked instant noodles. Don't know it's because the instant noodle or not. One of the boyscouts even went on to have two mistresses. :bsmilie:
When I was boyscout we actually developed a manual "100 ways to eat instant noodles" :bsmilie: , eg u can eat it dry, uncook, cold water, hot soup, curry, microwave, etc etc, all of us are still alive today!

Astin said:
When I was boyscout we actually developed a manual "100 ways to eat instant noodles" :bsmilie: , eg u can eat it dry, uncook, cold water, hot soup, curry, microwave, etc etc, all of us are still alive today!

We once cooked instant noodles with coconut juice as there are only coconut trees around but no water. :)

philliptan said:
WAH PIANGZ!!!!!!!

I've already written to the press over Tiger Airways.... Now it seems like I have to take a full page ad to get a reply!!! :angry: :kok:

Go back hm rest 1st loh n can claim fr travel delay if u buy travel insurance. ;)

philliptan said:

what happened? i know it is quite normal for them to delay say 1/2 hr to 1 hr. but delay by so many hours, that's terrible. does anyone know whether u can claim compensation from your travel insurance?

Funny said:
Go back hm rest 1st loh n can claim fr travel delay if u buy travel insurance. ;)

good marketing:thumbsup:

hope u got insurance so can claim$$$ buy new toys..:bsmilie:

Can claim $100 for each full 8 consecuive hrs of delay for AIA. ;) For other company. I hav no idea! :dunno:

on the plane the noodle is called "local delicacy Tomyam noodle" or something similar which costs i think $8 something :sweat:

I'm a poor guy most of the time if time allows i go to airport by train (i stay near mrt). But now the budget terminal is so inaccessible. If u take night flight, bus frequency from T2 to Budget Terminal officially is 30'. :dunno: I waited for 40' then the bus came. And waited for 20' more before it departs to Budget Terminal. By the time i got there, my friend, arrived on a night flight. Is the only one there except for some cabbies.

Going to europe in 2 weeks time but by Thaiairway. And i did buy insurance (had to, for the visa). Hopefully won't experience the same thing cost i have to catch another the flight in 3 hr right after i land. Pray pray ....

Can't help laughing about the noodle, hilarious ...

Sjourn said:
good marketing:thumbsup:

hope u got insurance so can claim$$$ buy new toys..:bsmilie:

Hmmm.... new toys!!! Gd idea!!! :sticktong

philliptan said:
WAH PIANGZ!!!!!!!

Did they give you a reason for delay?

If I ca, I try not to fly these discount airlines, anywhere, not jsut from Singapore. Once, I was to fly Tiger out of HK, got delayed and delayed, not explanation. Chatted up one of the ground crew, she told me that the pilot got sick, and they have to fly another pilot in from somewhere, and eta ... tomorrow ...

The thing that got me was, they knew immediately, how long the delay would be, but still wont tell us.

Last time I flew Tiger, actually, got myself on another flight out ... forget Tiger.

Status
Not open for further replies.