more sunrise pics...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightwolf75

Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
really MORE diaper changes
at the rate we are all going, there will be a new category for sunrise/sunset pics! ;p

still, the sunrises in the last couple of days are really something to behold! these are my contributions. first two taken from my blk, next two from lower seletar reservoir. first time taking landscape shots with my 300D. so, used 'landscape' setting all the way. no PSing done, except to resize.

sunrise #1 at my blk. just before the sun rises. the cloud formation caught my eye.

sunrise300504a.jpg

sunrise #2 at my blk. yeah.... lens flare, i know. :cry:

sunrise300504.jpg

sunrise #3 at lower seletar reservoir.

sunrise010604.jpg

sunrise #4 at lower seletar reservoir. thot the crane's reflection on the water showed the calmness of the morning, at least to me.... ;)

sunrise010604a.jpg

Chlee said:
Great shots........ :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I like #3 & #4....... :)

thanks, chlee! :embrass:

i wuz hoping to see the sun rise at the reservior. but, today the cloud cover was quite thick. so, much of the sun was hidden when i took the pics. hope to try again!

pic 1 looks like tornado approaching!!! :sweat:

Pic #3 wins by a mile :lovegrin:

really love it :thumbsup:

And yeah pic #1 reminds me of the scene from the day after tomorrow :sweat:

i love #3 and #4 :thumbsup:

which brings to the question.. is the sunset or the sunrise prettier?
can u tell which is which simply by looking at a photo? :think:

nightwolf75 said:
at the rate we are all going, there will be a new category for sunrise/sunset pics! ;p

maybe we can plan for one day when everyone walks out of his/her house/apartment to shoot a picture of sunrise and post it, then we can all witness many different sunrise on the same day, heehee

brandon - thanks! :D actually, this shot was taken by 'accident'. i was hoping the sun would break out of the clouds. so was waiting and waiting... then decided, wat the heck, and just took a series of shots across the horizon. this turned out the best. :p

furrypaws - actually i dunno.... where i live can only witness the sunrise. can't see much at sunset. but, other CSers have posted sunset pics. IMO, both are just as fantastic! nothing beats mother nature!

eikin - haha... good idea! shall we? make use of this few months of hot season to chronicle the sunrise/sunset across singapore b4 the monsoons. :think:

nightwolf75 said:
brandon - thanks! :D actually, this shot was taken by 'accident'. i was hoping the sun would break out of the clouds. so was waiting and waiting... then decided, wat the heck, and just took a series of shots across the horizon. this turned out the best. :p

furrypaws - actually i dunno.... where i live can only witness the sunrise. can't see much at sunset. but, other CSers have posted sunset pics. IMO, both are just as fantastic! nothing beats mother nature!

eikin - haha... good idea! shall we? make use of this few months of hot season to chronicle the sunrise/sunset across singapore b4 the monsoons. :think:
Hi, I was reading somewhere in some book (National Geographic Handbook to Photography) that sunrise and sunset pics are very very very similar. Its hard to tell from teh picture. This is because the angle of the light entering the earth's atmosphere is the same (From the side and not the top in midday) only in different directions...

I like those taken at the reservoir...

Once I was in a reservoir, I saw this mist on the waters, the moon's reflection vaguely above the misty waters, I told myself I must be back for a shot...

Sadly, I've not make that move yet.

nightwolf75 said:

haha, u guys go ahead first, me flying to shanghai tomorrow for a month's study trip ... maybe can start something called a 'Time Series' kind of thing where at a specific time everyone takes a photo from his/her location and post it, will be very interesting and truly using information technology as a means of communication ;)

eikin - wow! 1 mth study trip? sch or work sending u? take care, yah! and, as usual, take lotsa pics! :bsmilie: bon voyage!

spurssy - this is one of those once in a blue moon moments. i remember my profs used to tell us in uni that these are called moments of 'serendipity'. like i said, i really took the reservoir shots by accident becos i intended to take rising sun pics. glad u all like them. heehee... carry ur cam with u all the time. else, camp at the reservoir to capture your special moment! the moon is full these few days! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.