More screw for vertical grip

Status
Not open for further replies.

user111

Jul 27, 2004
has anyone tried to mod their vertical grip by adding at least 2 more screws? the traditional design is still a bit flimsy although it saves time

Hmmm...isn't it a little risky? You'll be drilling into the camera body itself.

i dunno much about technical craftsmanship. u may be right.

Try velcro? Might work for you.

na... more direct approach, gaffer the buttom before attaching ur grip. works for me and the grip is solid now... :p

RossChang said:
na... more direct approach, gaffer the buttom before attaching ur grip. works for me and the grip is solid now... :p

hi rosschang
can u pls post photo? how you change battery?

i am facing this problem too. camera to the quick release plate for the tripod is very secure. but the interface between the grip and camera body is bad.

denniskee said:
hi rosschang
can u pls post photo? how you change battery?

i am facing this problem too. camera to the quick release plate for the tripod is very secure. but the interface between the grip and camera body is bad.

Hmmm as far as I know you don't have to remove the grip to change batteries...magazines are side loading... shouldn't be an issue gaffering the bottom of the camera before attaching the grip.

Flimsy? Quite agree as it is only attached via a single screw to the camera's tripod screw mount.

Go for the ultimate modification and get a 1D - built in grip:thumbsup:

solarii said:
Hmmm as far as I know you don't have to remove the grip to change batteries...magazines are side loading... shouldn't be an issue gaffering the bottom of the camera before attaching the grip.

Correct... you don't need to worry abt the batt compartment... I leave the compartment as it is... :p

Sorry for my limited vocab but what is gaffer in this case?
How do you, erm, gaffer your camera?
Please enlighten me.

solarii said:

no problem for my 1vhs.
but its a problem for my d60 & 50e.

coldfish said:
Sorry for my limited vocab but what is gaffer in this case?
How do you, erm, gaffer your camera?
Please enlighten me.

Gaffers are tapes which can help you to protect your camera body against damage. Usually gaffers are best placed on grips as they wear out fastest.

For me, just cut to the shape you want and paste.

Snoweagle said:
Not everyone can afford a 1D series body.

i once had two 1D bodies until i realised that the npe3 battery is a real joke. so i ditched 1D for 1.6x bodies :thumbsup: :cool:

user111 said:
i once had two 1D bodies until i realised that the npe3 battery is a real joke. so i ditched 1D for 1.6x bodies :thumbsup: :cool:

1D series are very good cameras. What's wrong with the battery?

Snoweagle said:
Gaffers are tapes which can help you to protect your camera body against damage. Usually gaffers are best placed on grips as they wear out fastest.

For me, just cut to the shape you want and paste.

Got it. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.