More reason to get iPod

Status
Not open for further replies.

oeyvind

Feb 25, 2002
www.oeyvind.org
Hope this rumor is true:

http://www.powerpage.org/cgi-bin/WebObjects/powerpage.woa/wa/story?newsID=11488

The iPod firmware update will also add the ability to store digital photo on the device with the addition of an optional iPod-compatible photo card reader which will also be available at the Apple Store. Also look for Apple to improve playback performance, display contrast, backlighting and the battery meter. Sources also tell me Apple is adding a Music Quiz game

A few more hours to go... and welcome iTunes for Windows users.... ^^

downloaded and using iTunes for Windows now ;)

Media Reader for iPod w/ Dock Connector

Part # F8E461

The innovative Belkin Media Reader for iPod lets you store more than tunes. It gives you a great way to back up digital images to your iPod, and take them with you on the road. Your iPod's abundant storage handles thousands of digital photos and frees up your camera's disk space so you can take more pictures. Simply connect the Belkin Media Reader to your iPod, and insert any of the six supported media types. Using software support that's already built into your iPod (with

Advantages
• Supports CompactFlash® (Type 1 and 2), SmartMedia™, Secure Digital (SD), Memory Stick®, or MultiMediaCard (MMC)
• Works with iPod software version 2.1 or later, using on-screen user interface
• Includes 4 AAA batteries
• Indicates power and data transfer status of Media Reader with LED indicator
• Saves thousands of digital images on your iPod
• Stores cable away easily when not in use with onboard cable/connector storage
• Protects the media slots from pocket dust and dirt at all times with sliding port features
• Transfers files quickly and easily via FireWire® technology
• Comes with a 3-Year Warranty

Color: White

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=&Section_Id=201526&pcount=&Product_Id=158350

A short review of the product

http://www.ipodding.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1510&mode=thread&order=0

too bad i'm using 2G 10GB IPod :cry: :cry:

hi

might be OT a bit but i would like to know how u guys find the sound from the ipod? izzit good?

sound quality on ipod is good enough for me, maybe you can try it out yourself @ any AppleCentre.

Don't think i would get the card reader add-on since i have a 2G ipod, better to top up $$$ and get powerbook :devil:

caseytan said:
sound quality on ipod is good enough for me... better to top up $$$ and get powerbook :devil:

agree with you that the sound quality is good enough. i'm just using the supplied earbuds. should be able to get better sound with better and more expensive ear/headphones.

as for the new media reader, i think that's quite a bit to top up from a 3rd gen iPod + media reader to the cheapest 12" PB... :sweat: prob work out to something like another S$1500? :bigeyes:

Sorry to hijack this thread. Another OT question for Mac owners.

I had an ibook battery bought less than a year ago and it doesn't last for 10 minutes after recharging. Does the warranty cover replacement for this? Anyone knows what no. to call apple to ask about this?

I've heard that there are shops in Sim Lim that can replace the cells in the battery. Does anyone knows which are the shops?

Okay back to the topic. If the issue about corrupted files can be resolved, it will certainly give me a good reason to get an ipod. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.