More News on the new Panasonic DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.

metallilan

Jan 6, 2006
Singapore
metallilan said:
Thanks to phantasmal for this link : http://panasonic.jp/dc/0615/

If you're wondering what it's all about, refer to this link : http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1033&thread=18848795

Check this link out : Panasonic to unveil first D-SLR next week

About the L1, behind the scenes : http://panasonic.co.jp/pavc/global/lumix/popup/behind_the_scenes_l1/vol1.html

Fresh fr the oven - Dpreview preview of L1

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0606/06062101panasoncdmcl1.asp

The built-in flash to bounce position, that's a neat feature.

../azul123

don't think this L1 looks very promising. More like and e330 cloned and slightly different features. wonder how much will this cost considering the Leica lens is included in the kit...

the shutter lag is abt 1 sec.......:faint:
was hoping panasonic would came up with a killer dslr that
will match the competitors in speed and frame rate...

Haiz...somehow the tripod screw is so close to the LCD side; off-centre. Don't know will it have stability problem when the lense is heavy type.

sorry to say, it looks o-biang:confused: very square, and like e330

metallilan said:
don't think this L1 looks very promising. More like and e330 cloned and slightly different features. wonder how much will this cost considering the Leica lens is included in the kit...

i do wonder at the cost........
can it beat Sony A100 at tat or something?
think will be quite hard cos of leica lens.

Moonstone said:
Haiz...somehow the tripod screw is so close to the LCD side; off-centre. Don't know will it have stability problem when the lense is heavy type.

tats one of the biggest prob i think.
btw vol 3 and 4 of the behind the scenes is out.
nice read particularly the lens part.

old press release said that it will be priced near canon 20D.

it's a different league from sony a100. (D50 competitor)

personally, i'm excited about the camera.
it's the vintage controls layout that will make it sell.
e330 is far far away.

only worry is image noise.
i wouldn't care about the frame rate as it will be shooting in manual mode that i am interested in.
this camera is not meant to be high frame rate shoot and choose type.
it's the shoot in manual and shoot in fast type.

users with old canon system and nikon system will understand what i mean.

eow said:
The live view mode is not design for action shots in this case. So you will have to stick with KM .... or Sony now :devil: .

But I like the built in camera bounce, why can't other brands design like that???

eow said:

i think the next FZ series camera might take care of that...lots of weird rumors about the next Fz in august or something.

compro_1975 said:
sorry to say, it looks o-biang:confused: very square, and like e330
Imagine it in chrome silver then it doesn't look so o-biang :bsmilie:

If in chrome silver would look nice, like to old skool type camera. Price?

../azul123

I had high hopes on the L1 but now I'm disappointed with the dim viewfinder caused by the liveview feature. :(

It can't be dimmer than the E-330 and I don't find the E-330 dim at all compared to all the other DSLRs that I have used thus far and so I think the L1 would do just fine.

What Phil Askey is lamenting about is that the L1 took the risk of dimming the viewfinder and yet didn't put in a second CCD like the E-330 in its implementation of the Live View feature.

But design-wise, this camera is a dream-come-true for old-timers who still yearn for the good old days of analog controls in film SLRs. Those who have handled the LC1 would know what I mean. The LC1 is a pure work of art and a joy to use for those who appreciate the beauty and simplicity of its design. In this respect, I'm sure that the L1 will not disappoint.

I, for one, would be looking forward to owning one soon .... and it would certainly form a matching set with my LC1. ;)

tomcat said:
But design-wise, this camera is a dream-come-true for old-timers who still yearn for the good old days of analog controls in film SLRs. Those who have handled the LC1 would know what I mean. The LC1 is a pure work of art and a joy to use for those who appreciate the beauty and simplicity of its design. In this respect, I'm sure that the L1 will not disappoint.

have to agree (coming fm a non-Pano user) - at one glance, it does look very leica-ish. :thumbsup:

will wait for it to hit the shops b4 going to try it. ;)

phantasmal said:
i do wonder at the cost........
can it beat Sony A100 at tat or something?
think will be quite hard cos of leica lens.

US$1,999

Any idea how much is the retail price?

I really love the look. If it function well as any normal conventional camera in normal mode, I don't really bother with the live-view and 1 sec delay in shutter release. I may just get it.

heh, i wish to know the price as well. But i may well just pass this, only started to save for that D50 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.