More News on the new Panasonic DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.
overdodo said:
I'm not sure if the dimmed viewfinder could be fixed, cause with only 1 LiveMOS sensor, they are using a half-silvered mirror to reflect light into the optical viewfinder, and the other onto the sensor ?

Not sure

the E330's viewfinder is already very small and dim the last time i tried it out. It looks like the new panny will be the same, which potentially will make manual focus difficult..... that's definitely not a Leica-esque trait... :(

Red Dawn said:
the E330's viewfinder is already very small and dim the last time i tried it out. It looks like the new panny will be the same, which potentially will make manual focus difficult..... that's definitely not a Leica-esque trait... :(

Not really, with the Live Preview at 10X zoom on the high res 2.5" LCD, manual focus is actually way easier than any SLR camera with normal viewfinder, if you have tried that out.

tao said:
Not really, with the Live Preview at 10X zoom on the high res 2.5" LCD, manual focus is actually way easier than any SLR camera with normal viewfinder, if you have tried that out.

yup, but then again there will be quite a bad shutter lag if you use that mode. and if you are shooting macro, the shallow DOF + shutter lag might cause you to miss focus again by the time it capture the image.
in dark situation and non-macro shoot, the 10x zoom would be useful, since slight movement will not cause misfocus. :thumbsup:

bernstein1234 said:
Hey lim, wat camera u using now??

i'm nw left with:

1. Ricoh GRD (with full original accesories)
2. Lumix FZ1v2
3. Sharp 903sh (3.2mp camera phone)

that's about it.

Looking at the upcoming Lumix L1 or a nikon system. Not very sure yet.

**but, haizz... ya, really do miss the LC1

lim8395 said:
i'm nw left with:

2. Lumix FZ1v2

that's about it.

i would say go for nikon if you got a budget. L1 seems very much overpriced for it specification (to me at least) 1999US more than enough for you to even get a nikon d200 + 1~2 consumer level lens. :sweat:

lim8395 said:
i'm nw left with:

2. Lumix FZ1v2

that's about it.

If you really liked the handling of the LC1, you will regret it if you buy any other camera now when the L1 is launched and all the hoopla and postings start. ;)
Personally, I am prepared to pay more just for the unique handling and design and that most talkabout Leica 14-50mm OIS lens.

tomcat said:
If you really liked the handling of the LC1, you will regret it if you buy any other camera now when the L1 is launched and all the hoopla and postings start. ;)
Personally, I am prepared to pay more just for the unique handling and design and that most talkabout Leica 14-50mm OIS lens.

den thats good :thumbsup:. as i student i don really have that much moolah to spent more on a camera just becos of its handling and design ;)

my complain of the L1 is that it uses the 4/3 system. Aspect ratio alo 4:3...boring leh. I would prefer the APS format with aspect ratio 3:2.

it's weird also that if we wana choose 3:2 or 16:9 formats on the L1, we must use live view function. then got shutter lag. sad:( :(

ExplorerZ said:
i would say go for nikon if you got a budget. L1 seems very much overpriced for it specification (to me at least) 1999US more than enough for you to even get a nikon d200 + 1~2 consumer level lens. :sweat:

So, how much will a D200 cost together with an equivalent F2.8 28mm~100mm VR lens? ;)

For people willing to spend that amount of money on a body, consumer lens just doesn't cut it at all.

tao said:
So, how much will a D200 cost together with an equivalent F2.8 28mm~100mm VR lens? ;)

For people willing to spend that amount of money on a body, consumer lens just doesn't cut it at all.

actually with the current price of d200 at $2500 or so, the rest of the $ can be spent on a 50mm f1.4:thumbsup:, saying consumer lens is just an example. it doesn't mean you can only buy that. might not be enough to get a 28-100 VR f2.8-3.5 equiv lens, but the spec of d200 is far better from what listed (real life performance i got no idea, since L1 not out yet :dunno: )

anyway another camera to consider would be the Sony Alpha 100. Price is 101% attractive(999USD) consider it have built-in IS, 10MP censor, and a lot more

very exp more much more than the canon 30d and nikon d200 pricing......wonder can L1 sell well at that kind of price:think:

it's selling for 1999usd on amazon though.

which will be around 3150sgd. 300sgd cheaper. :(

i know i want to get this camera. but the price~
it's like buying the leica lens and not the camera...

If you look at it that way, then it is a very good deal.... buy the superb Leica lens and get the L1 body free !!! ;) After all, Canon 'L' lenses can cost almost as much if not more and people here buy them like they were just 'peanuts'.

hrmm~ how much is a 28~100mm f2.8-f3.5 in the market now?
35mm equalavent

i've no idea at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.