More Mosquitoes recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMediaLuz

Dec 3, 2008
Noticed that there're more mosquitoes around recently. Anyone experience the same?

(Also more fogging...actually fogging's just sent the mosquitoes from the lower floors to the higher floors.)

they are much bigger in size than before. bloody, too.

Yeah, there are just too many of them out there and getting even stronger than roaches. We did so many checks around for water pondings. could it be the weather?

Noticed that there're more mosquitoes around recently. Anyone experience the same?

(Also more fogging...actually fogging's just sent the mosquitoes from the lower floors to the higher floors.)

The authorities often do fogging in my residential area, especially the public drains.

One thing I noticed too is that after the fogging, the mosquitoes are driven out of their "homes" and are more commonly seen in my house after that!

now we ask, what does the fogging really do, why doest it kill the mozzies?

now we ask, what does the fogging really do, why doest it kill the mozzies?

Actually fogging is only effective very early morning.......kill them before the aedes mosquito awake.....and fogging is now proven not that effective also.

http://www.sma.org.sg/smj/4611/4611a6.pdf

So many of the site, they are concentrating their target on water ponding.

Somehow that remains me of ERP...

it would be fun to get those electric swatters. the ones shaped like a tennis racquet but with a metal netting instead. When you swoop it around with the power on its quite satisfying to hear the crackle of mosquitoes being fried. :devil: quite gross when you accidentally swat a bigger insect that got in the way and you smell it get cooked :bsmilie:

The authorities often do fogging in my residential area, especially the public drains.

One thing I noticed too is that after the fogging, the mosquitoes are driven out of their "homes" and are more commonly seen in my house after that!

What time did they do the fogging? Most effective time to do fogging is during dawn and dusk..... this is the time when they are effective and best time to kill them. mozq dun really fly too far one, its only within a 200m radius from their point of birth...

you don't keep lizards at home?

What time did they do the fogging? Most effective time to do fogging is during dawn and dusk..... this is the time when they are effective and best time to kill them. mozq dun really fly too far one, its only within a 200m radius from their point of birth...

They normally do it in the morning at around 10 or sometimes in the afternoon, weekdays and saturdays too.

My theory is that the mosquitoes who escape into people's homes either do that because of natural instinct or they can smell the approaching "death cloud".

As I said, there always seem to be more mosquitoes in my neighbourhood after the fogging is done. In fact, my family members always get more mosquito bites AFTER the fogging!

Seems like alot of us experience more mosquitoes AFTER fogging is done!
Fogging definitely didn't resolve the root-cause of the problem.

Many times we get more mosquitoes or no effect after fogging because a lot of times it is done wrongly.

1: Wrong time. Fogging will be most effective during the time the mosquitoes just start to get active (from 5am to 7am for the dengue-carrying Aedes mosquitoes). But people would most likely complain if noisy fogging is done during that time and so the pest control people have no choice but to do it in the late morning or afternoon, where it doesn't have the desired effect.

2: Wrong method. Some less experienced personnel hold the machine wrongly, or aim the fog at the wrong places. Also, it is rumoured that some companies stinge on useful chemicals and merely use a very low concentration mixed with diesel to get the visible fog, but doesn't do much good. I remember actually reading newspaper reports about companies cheating in this way.

3: Wrong chemical. Same chemical used over and over causes immunity in any pest over some time. Ideally different chemicals from different groups should be used in rotation, but many companies use the same over and over, thus resulting in harder to kill pests.

Fogging done correctly at the correct time CAN be a great help to bring numbers down, but permanent control can only be achieved by environmental control, eliminating suitable breeding sites to prevent their reproduction.

Last edited:
it would be fun to get those electric swatters. the ones shaped like a tennis racquet but with a metal netting instead. When you swoop it around with the power on its quite satisfying to hear the crackle of mosquitoes being fried. :devil: quite gross when you accidentally swat a bigger insect that got in the way and you smell it get cooked :bsmilie:

Have one now in my house...two nights ago woke up to mosquito humming near my eyes and whipped out the electric racket and hunted it for 15 mins...

Was swaying it randomly around in those dark areas and then "PIAK"!!! Brought nearer to my eyes, press again and "PIAK", this time the mossy burnt a bright spark. Shiok.

Slept peacefully after dat.

Status
Not open for further replies.