More locals dating foreigners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zcf

Apr 10, 2005
270 degree of Singapore
So, many Singaporean men say Singaporean women are choosy, so they look for foreign bride. Now Singaporean women say Singaporean men boring, childish and possessive, so they look for foereign talent :sweat:

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_460918.html?vgnmr=1

By Shawn Lee Miller

WITH more and more foreigners coming to Singapore to work, has it changed the dating scene here?
In a recent survey conducted by dating review site Club Uno, one third of 517 singles polled felt that having expatriates here presents more dating opportunities and are open to dating them.
Asked if they would date a foreigner, most local women RazorTV interviewed said yes. Their reason? They said they found local men to be 'boring, childish and possessive'.
Still, some women told RazorTV they would only date Singaporeans as they felt more comfortable with locals.
Check out Razor TV for more comments and to hear what the men have to say.

Not new. When I was studying in australia, they have similar articles on newspaper too.
And by the way, there should be similar article coming from the country which supplies the brides to singaporean men too.

The world is round ...

By the way I know something very funny. A friend of mine who is Vietnamese by race but Australian by Citizenship came to Medan (Indonesia) and found a wife. Go figure. LOL

Paper only shows one side of the story. Personally know of some SG ladies married to foreigners, give birth to kids and the foreigners pack their bags and leave singapore (ALONE) ...... What does this mean? The truth is, this is still not their homeland. So its a risk for SG gals go for those "'Not so boring, Not So childish and Not So possessive" foreigners. Its a Double edge swords lah.

There are a many Wendi Dengs here but not enough Rupert Murdochs to go around: :bsmilie:

wendi-deng-and-old-guy.jpg

Last edited:
So you'd rather the girl gets married to a local guy, have kids, and when the marriage falls apart, least the ex husband would still be in the same country?
"What does this mean?" Yeah, I was wondering about that too.

Paper only shows one side of the story. Personally know of some SG ladies married to foreigners, give birth to kids and the foreigners pack their bags and leave singapore (ALONE) ...... What does this mean? The truth is, this is still not their homeland. So its a risk for SG gals go for those "'Not so boring, Not So childish and Not So possessive" foreigners. Its a Double edge swords lah.

So you'd rather the girl gets married to a local guy, have kids, and when the marriage falls apart, least the ex husband would still be in the same country?

Thats their decision. Its not u nor me prefer. LOL .... Marriage now has no "security" anymore.

The in thing now was getting marriage so as to get Divorce. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Where got boring?

Many Singaporean men go around chasing after cats what.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

and do rain dances too..

It takes 2 to make life interesting and definitely need to share common interests, and life wouldn't be broing afterall. I think people who complained are really the ones who can't make adjustment or simply selfish.

Agree with you in a certain way, I do.
A local man would be easier to track, and he would be liable to pay maintenance for his ex-wife and children. Although sadly, many divorced local men still run away from this very basic responsibility. So I guess marrying local would reduce, though not completely remove, some risk there.
I don't mean to generalise, neither do I think it is wise to do so.
But these are just my simple humble opinions.

Well, like they say "The grass is greener on the other side". It'll never end :dunno:

I disagree Singapore men are boring...
We can do a lot of "fun" things in Singapore, excluding our wives and gfs.
It is the women that are boring... and holding the guys back...hahaha:D

I disagree Singapore men are boring...
We can do a lot of "fun" things in Singapore, excluding our wives and gfs.
It is the women that are boring... and holding the guys back...hahaha:D

you mean geylang, joo chiat, macua and phuket ? :devil:

By Shawn Lee Miller

WITH more and more foreigners coming to Singapore to work, has it changed the dating scene here?
In a recent survey conducted by dating review site Club Uno, one third of 517 singles polled felt that having expatriates here presents more dating opportunities and are open to dating them.
Asked if they would date a foreigner, most local women RazorTV interviewed said yes. Their reason? They said they found local men to be 'boring, childish and possessive'.
Still, some women told RazorTV they would only date Singaporeans as they felt more comfortable with locals.
Check out Razor TV for more comments and to hear what the men have to say.

funny. i swear it is the women who gives me such an impression. :bsmilie:

Where got boring?

Many Singaporean men go around chasing after cats what.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I am one of them! I even have one at home..... BTW are you a cat lover too?

lol. scared of a little marsupial? :bsmilie:

she isn't boring to me! :lovegrin::lovegrin::lovegrin:

possessive is fine, to a certain degree.. and aren't we all childish at times? :)

that said, yar lar i agree with you :p

but then again it doesn't mean foreign men are any less boring

they aren't! for example, overheard in a gym changing room, a conversation between two interesting er, non singaporeans:

A: "so.. zeus is the one with the smiley face right?"

B: "no man, he's the one with the thunderbolts."

A: "oh man i don't know much about history, i guess i'd take your word for it."

sometimes they can be quite entertaining without knowing it. :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.