More kids play with water at Bugis Junction

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomshen

Feb 20, 2002
Singapore
Taken with Canon D60 + Sigma 70-200/f2.8 wide open, ISO 400 (light was poor).

020504_43_small.jpg

020504_39_small.jpg

020504_34_small.jpg

020504_36_small.jpg

Good stuff! Nothing beats the 70-200 f2.8 and a pretty little girl, eh? She'll be a heart-breaker one day.

PS try sharpening the shots a little, to really make the subjects "pop" out.

Great shots!!! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by StreetShooter
Good stuff! Nothing beats the 70-200 f2.8 and a pretty little girl, eh?
Of course!!! In this aspect most of us couldnt compete with u. ;p Admire your cute cute daughter~~ She is never afraid of facing a camera:thumbsup:

Some pix are blur, not due to low sharping. I am practising to hold it steadily but sometimes... :dunno:

Nice, remind me of my carefree childhood, no worry at that moment. our true self.

Originally posted by rochkoh
Same here. Can register for the Life is Great competition liao. :D
thx thx. But I know still many problems here:) The composition is not really good, if I could pan to the right side a bit...! I used F2.8 and ISO 400. This pic happened to get better light, so the shutter speed was 1/800s. If the light was even better, then a 1/1000s would be able to freeze the water droplets. Anyway this type of shooting is quite difficult to capture so luck and experience are both important. I believe if streetshooter was there, he would have gotten much better ones!

Good stuff! Nothing beats the 70-200 f2.8 and a pretty little girl, eh? She'll be a heart-breaker one day.

haha hey so will your daughter!!!
;p
then years down the road..you're gonna have problems with her bf haha

You know what Bruce Willis said:

I'll kill the first boyfriend and hope that word gets around.
:eek: :eek: By the time you will have a granddaughter something. Isn't it also very nice?:D But u will be old - as tough as a nail!:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

oh no...better dun go off topic

ok...here are my comments

i dunno if it is my monitor or what...i found that except the first one...the rest are a bit underexposed

the first pic will be great if the picture include more "water" inside

i know u dun like to use flash to shoot at stranger...but i guess the pic will be even better if flash was used

and except the first pic...a bit of sharpen will make the subject "pop-out"

wow.....she's really cute.....my dad was also saying tt the shots are pretty well done....like wat kamwai has said....a faster shutter speed would be better.....*cheers*

Thank all of u for your comments. I agree that some shots are underexposed. That was a rainy day and these shots were taken right after the rain stopped. At that time I had a few choices: push ISO beyond 400 (say 800), use flash, or underexpose the pix but edit in PS later. I selected the last one. If I was shot with film then dont think I had other choices but turned on the flash. The reason why I didn't make the pix look birghter is that I dont want to overexpose the brigher part. In fact the best solution here should be using fill-in flash, however, for other consideration it's out. Maybe I should convert some shots to b&w so that the overexposure would not be a problem.

Personally I like the first one most. But it could be better if composition and shutter speed were a little bit different. If someone could borrow me his charming model daughter to try some more, maybe I could get much better ones ;) :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

go ambushed there to practise photo-taking can walk to AP to look look see see also;)

Status
Not open for further replies.