More F.I.R!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prismatic

Feb 25, 2003
In the void.
Visit site
Okay guys, here's an update on the hottest Taiwanese group now, F.I.R(Fairyland In Reality)!

Since their official debut in early March, their success couldn't be any less spectacular. Their same-named debut album, achieved a 60,000 first-day on the 24th of April, a record for any newcomer on the Taiwanese pop music scene. Last week, they achieved the top spot for album sales on both the g-music album chart (g-music音樂風雲榜 ) and Asia Records album charts (亞洲唱片銷售榜 ) for the 4th consecutive week. To date, they have sold more than 150,000 copies of the album, and the phenomenon still show no signs of abating!

To keep up with the tremendous interest generated in them by the title track "Lydia", F.I.R embarked on an aggressive promotional tour. Currently, they have achieve a record 86 school concerts and more than 40 autograph-signing sessions. They have spent more than 900 hours on the road, which is the equivalent of 60 times around Taiwan! As a token of appreciation of the massive support their fans has shown them, an open-air free concert was held on the 29th of May at Fisherman's Wharf, Tanshui, Taipei County. The concert attracted more than 10,000 fans to the seaside location, packing the space at the front of the stage all the way to the Lovers' Bridge 250m behind. Here are some of my snaphots from the concert, which has been a energetic and thoroughly enjoyable gig!

(Figures adapted from the F.I.R Official Webpage. Here.

fir001.jpg

fir002.jpg

fir003.jpg

fir004.jpg

fir005.jpg

fir006.jpg

fir007.jpg

your picts are so clear, this are mine using panasonic fz-1, what camera u using?? i am also a big fan of theirs after listening to their album and concert at tanshui, the best part was getting my cd signed and handshake after the concert...

P1010022.jpg

P1010120.jpg

P1010111.jpg

P1010108.jpg

P1010107.jpg

P1010052.jpg

;)

Hihi, I was using a Minolta Z-1. Anyway, it probably looks better because I've done some cheating on photoshop. I've noticed that you have taken your pictures at ISO200. If you have upped it to ISO400, you could have eliminated some of the motion blur in some of the pictures. For the purpose of posting on the web, noise isn't such a factor because you will shrink down your picture anyway.

Btw, were you on holiday or are you studying here?

woo just bought their album

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

even managed to invite andy peterson to play bass on some of their stuff

power

because there's a lot of noise if i change to iso400 think its a limitation on fz-1 part, i shall try tml at jolin autograph session

i was on holiday, lucky to chance upon the event? u working there?

Prismatic said:
Hihi, I was using a Minolta Z-1. Anyway, it probably looks better because I've done some cheating on photoshop. I've noticed that you have taken your pictures at ISO200. If you have upped it to ISO400, you could have eliminated some of the motion blur in some of the pictures. For the purpose of posting on the web, noise isn't such a factor because you will shrink down your picture anyway.

Btw, were you on holiday or are you studying here?

Coolsmurf said:
because there's a lot of noise if i change to iso400 think its a limitation on fz-1 part, i shall try tml at jolin autograph session

i was on holiday, lucky to chance upon the event? u working there?

I'm here on industrial attachment. Which means I'm actually on holiday for 6 months here, in the meanwhile, pretending to be doing serious work. :p

They using KORG Triton LE keyboard, same as mine. Very good keyboard.

Andy Peterson is their bassist? wow!

Triton LE...abit the small...=p...must get a KORGWEIL! (korg + kurzweil)......
Hmm, F.I.R... Fogged Infra Red film...=p bloody canon cameras...

Patryk said:
Triton LE...abit the small...=p...must get a KORGWEIL! (korg + kurzweil)......
Hmm, F.I.R... Fogged Infra Red film...=p bloody canon cameras...

If you look again, he also has a RD-600 for his playing pleasures. Would prefer a Kurzweil too but its all personal preference.

F.I.R. .. the producer cum member, being a producer, probably had Finite Impulse Response in mind ?

btw, Primastic, #4 isn't very flattering to the singer..the shure mic is covering half her frowning fac. #6 is a great moment captured, the musicians are really enjoying themselves :)

Status
Not open for further replies.