More DSLRs spotted

Status
Not open for further replies.
i give up explaining. please re-read my comments and ponder what i am trying to put across.

Its not parents who buy DSLR cos they dote their children (I NEVER SAY ITS WRONG). But the kids PESTERING their parents WHO MAY NOT BE WELL OFF and the PURPOSE IS TO SHOW OFF, thats SERIOUSLY WRONG. Period.

And i am not being green eye (my family isn't well off to begin with, but i am sensible enough not to strain my parents financially with those luxuries in my days) cos i had my own satisfaction of buying using my own keep now. and i am proud of that. :)

Outta here. Some ppl just can't read.

Last edited:
I dont understand whats wrong with Kids having DSLR? :dunno:

My son is already using my spare 40D + 400mmf5.6L at age 9. Why not if he is interested in it. It so much better than mixing up with the wrong company and pick up smoking or drugs.

The advantage to me as a parent is He is sharing the same interest as me and that helps to make our Bond stronger. Also in family outing at least I have a chance to be in front of the camera rather than behind the camera all the time.

Cheers. As long as people are happy, why bother with what gears they are using?

This makes perfect sense.

i give up explaining. please re-read my comments and ponder what i am trying to put across.

Its not parents who buy DSLR cos they dote their children (I NEVER SAY ITS WRONG). But the kids PESTERING their parents WHO MAY NOT BE WELL OFF and the PURPOSE IS TO SHOW OFF, thats SERIOUSLY WRONG. Period.

And i am not being green eye (my family isn't well off to begin with, but i am sensible enough not to strain my parents financially with those luxuries in my days) cos i had my own satisfaction of buying using my own keep now. and i am proud of that. :)

Bro, you are correct

But I don't think every kid here is what you may think they are

So we should not assume

But yes, you make again, perfect sense

Just because you are paid to shoot does not make you a good photographer.Many of my friends are pro photogs but not all take great shots, on the other hand I also do know many great photographers who do not get paid for their work.Out of curosity,,I browsed through many of your photos and I dun think that you are as good as you claim to be.Once again, pls do not take my words to heavily as what I say are just my opinions.I feel that the reason why people hire you is that either your rates are really low or they just need high rez photos which cannot be taken with most compacts. As I have already said, pls do not take my words too heavily but I really think that your photos do not show how "good" you claim to be.

Ed, relax. I don't think he means amy harm,

He was just stating a point.

Bro, you are correct

But I don't think every kid here is what you may think they are

So we should not assume

But yes, you make again, perfect sense

i never say all here wat? the best part i didn't even mentioned names or nicks! and ppl start to assume. :eek:

but the truth is definitely there is spoilt brats out there. And i condemn and despise them for not being sensible enough to take a look at the financial status of their parents whether they can afford such 'luxury' just cos they want to show off.

and guess what? just now when i knock off. I saw this bunch of secondary school students taking tripods and DSLR camera walking all over the grass patch (those green grass patch right outside the MRT stn). So you know what i am thinking again?

Last edited:
If they are, let them be

You can't stop them, so why bother?

More importantly, you are not like them.

Why? Must someone who's guilty only be defensive?

No offence here.

simple, cos they feel offended and tot that i am directing my points at them. so they will defend themselves and find reasons to justify it. Anyway we are far off topic from the original thread purpose. I shall stop here, no point wasting my finger energy.

Last edited:
Going thru this thread, I get the following feeling:

1. Only a specific group of people should own DSLRs (honeymoon couples need not apply here).
2. Kids (especially those from Sec 2) should use P&S (even if their fathers have 2 Lambos sitting in the garage).
3. Damn Nikon, Canon, Sony, Pentax and all other DSLR makers for their Auto mode in their pro bodies.
4. If you're pro, better show off your pro gear to re-assure your clients (and his guests).
5. If you're attending a wedding as a guest, better bring along your P&S...in case the pro CMI.

:)

Ahh.. I just wanted to do a summary, but u beat me to it.. :bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

OK, the thread has really gone astray. See how the absolution statements evolves (bottom up) :sweat: :bsmilie:

Now we have another 5 unsupported absolute statements:
- all kids and students with dslr are spoiled brats, except JC.
- anyone who uses full Auto Mode is dSLR is not a good photographer.
- cameras held by students and kids will never be a loan set.
- short zoom lens will always take bigger and closer feathered birds than long zoom lens.
- skilled avids believed that all premium lens are superior than non premium in all aspect.
- professional photographers must used premium gears.

nice.LOL:bsmilie:

If you don't know the grp well why would u make statements like self-prasing and self advertising 'great' revographer .ironic ain't it:dunno:

I know of revographer because of all the self-advertising postings from you. Oh yes, I also know of revographer from this thread, where all your members are participating, ALL 2 of you. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549507

To make my point loud and clear, I have no problem with young kids having DSLRs and getting into the photgraphy whether as a hobby or business. It's better to give them a D90 than a Xbox, definitely. And I see these kids as having a good future in photography given that they are privileged to learn photography at a young age. I look forward to see what they'll produce when they get older and more experienced.

But unfortunately, some of these kids took their worldy possessions and knowledge to the level of arrogance and it is this sort of elitish behaviour that's disturbing. Arrogant kids, what's more irritating :sweat:

Giving comments that makes no sense and giving advise sounding like a pro but have total no value in the message. Need I say more? :bsmilie:

I'm sorry Sinned79, I'm going to disagree with you on your statement and I'm going to correct it.

1. Get parents to pay for their DSLR + lens just to show off when they are not earning their own keep = Revolutionizing photography

war started..sigh sigh.heipigu, you always involved one leh..lol. let's see what happens.

If you don't know the grp well why would u make statements like self-prasing and self advertising 'great' revographer .ironic ain't it:dunno:

don't get this line, sorry..no offence, i am in no way part of this but i find this group of talented kids you are talking about very interesting

I dont understand whats wrong with Kids having DSLR? :dunno:

My son is already using my spare 40D + 400mmf5.6L at age 9. Why not if he is interested in it. It so much better than mixing up with the wrong company and pick up smoking or drugs.

The advantage to me as a parent is He is sharing the same interest as me and that helps to make our Bond stronger. Also in family outing at least I have a chance to be in front of the camera rather than behind the camera all the time.

Cheers. As long as people are happy, why bother with what gears they are using?

i agree with you:thumbsup:

wow.... nice gears.. ;p *envy*

age 9.. muz be curious about a lot of things..

400mm on a crop camera.. wow.. Can shoot very far..

Can shoot the birds and the bees too.. hehe..

love the pun:bsmilie:

And i am not being green eye (my family isn't well off to begin with, but i am sensible enough not to strain my parents financially with those luxuries in my days) cos i had my own satisfaction of buying using my own keep now. and i am proud of that.

it turns out your view point goes to a very narrow group, well no wonder it can get misunderstood..

I know of revographer because of all the self-advertising postings from you. Oh yes, I also know of revographer from this thread, where all your members are participating, ALL 2 of you. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=549507

To make my point loud and clear, I have no problem with young kids having DSLRs and getting into the photgraphy whether as a hobby or business. It's better to give them a D90 than a Xbox, definitely. And I see these kids as having a good future in photography given that they are privileged to learn photography at a young age. I look forward to see what they'll produce when they get older and more experienced.

But unfortunately, some of these kids took their worldy possessions and knowledge to the level of arrogance and it is this sort of elitish behaviour that's disturbing. Arrogant kids, what's more irritating :sweat:

Giving comments that makes no sense and giving advise sounding like a pro but have total no value in the message. Need I say more? :bsmilie:

pwnage from heipigu, let's see what lamergod has to say about it..the orange line is super funny:sweatsm:

war started..sigh sigh.heipigu, you always involved one leh..lol. let's see what happens.

Wah Sidloojl, talk about starting war, I'm no way in your league man :bsmilie::bsmilie:

pwnage from heipigu, let's see what lamergod has to say about it..the orange line is super funny:sweatsm:

Not just good about starting war, you're good at flaming for one too :sweat: :bsmilie:

Last edited:
And how do you know that he wasn't using good glass just 'cause you didn't see a gold ring on his lenses? He could be using some primes that are not gold-ring, or he could be using a different lens at the point in time that you saw him, that happens to not have a gold ring.

Did you even determine exactly what lens he was using before slamming his choice of equipment?

Bro, i dun hv to explain everything i saw to prove to u that he wasnt using a prime, etc. It was me at the dinner, not u so i think it may not be appropriate for u to make any assumption that u didnt even see.

The purpose of this thread wasnt meant to spark any offensive remarks or conflicts among the CSers. Will apprepriate if all of us can read it with an open mind.

it turns out your view point goes to a very narrow group, well no wonder it can get misunderstood..

maybe its not narrow afterall :bsmilie: cos by nature humans are defensive, just like myself. i admit i can be defensive as well. :bsmilie:

so maybe my comments struck some chords here that triggers strong reactions. :sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.