more cheer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

igpenguin

Jan 30, 2002
www.flickr.com
Hi,

Cheer Chen Qizhen at Singapore Music Fest 2002.

qizhen_01.jpg

qizhen_02.jpg

hey, very nice! at least you got her smiling, all my shots are of her whilst she's singing with eyes closed!!!

i see u take alot of concert shots - you must have a great interest in them or are you a photojournalist who gets free tickets? ;)

I think I do oversharpen some images - some surrealistic "edges" on the first pic, I feel. I work with an old monitor (8 years old and counting) and when it's really bad, everything looks blur and I might have overcompensated for it ;p Usually scale pictures down then do a generic USM.

Have eyes-closed shots, but somehow I like her smiley expressions better.

Entry to various concerts was part of media assignments... guess I am pretty lucky!

Originally posted by igpenguin
I think I do oversharpen some images - some surrealistic "edges" on the first pic, I feel. I work with an old monitor (8 years old and counting) and when it's really bad, everything looks blur and I might have overcompensated for it ;p Usually scale pictures down then do a generic USM.

Have eyes-closed shots, but somehow I like her smiley expressions better.

Entry to various concerts was part of media assignments... guess I am pretty lucky!

I had the same experience when I did some scanning using the office scanner. The PC which the scanner is connected to had a slightly fuzzy monitor, so when I work on images there (esp. USM), they made me apply a larger USM. So on normal monitors, they also look oversharpened. :p

Regards
CK

hi rayman,

personally i liked the performance of yiqi and chen qizhen the best. the show opened with "The Boys", three guys from Singapore. Not a boy band, which three guys who sang individually and then joined together for a finale.

not a large crowd, compared to events like WOMAD.

Malaysian singers Bi Ai, and a girl duo took to the stage. Bi Ai sounds surrealistic like Conceau Twin / Faye Wong.

Yiqi would be more seasoned than the rest and it shows. First time I heard him, makes me want to get his album.

Chen Qizhen... seems attention-shy but still does a great job. The key to it seems to be to just enjoy it.

Chou Pi Jang from Singapore closed the evening. Hey, at least it's alternative exposure to gigging at the youth park. High energy songs, including a few new ones.

sound is pretty good, courtesy of professional stage organisers Unusual. A guy from Jason's (one of "The boys") band from Oker! Studio commented that sound on stage is fantastic.

Essentially, a relaxed evening of Chinese music.

Some of the other performers.

jason.jpg

Jason of "The Boys", or more appropriately, the guy who recorded and released his indie solo album with Oker Studio.

yiqi.jpg

Yiqi, Malaysian singer-songwriter.

Status
Not open for further replies.