more canon than nikon users in here......

Status
Not open for further replies.

desmondwong

Jan 18, 2002
Singapore
www.picturesky.com
correct me if i'm wrong but almost 75% of users here use canon systems right?

hardly hear anyone mention nikon systems......

is canon better than nikon in any way other than the all important personal preference?

For the BG Wildlife Photographer of the year 2001 competition, Nikon has trumpeted in its magazine adverts that the overall winner + 60% of the finalists used Nikons. But that just hides the fact that quite a few of the finalists used Nikonos systems which Nikon is dominant in. If you look at regular SLRs, its quite an even heat with Canon :)

And looking at the photographs of the finalists, its quite clear, that you can take great photographs with any camera.

Olympus also a lot! Hahha... Esp C700uz and C2100uz

Happy user of a Nikon E995 here! I love the swivel lens :)

Aren't there quite a lot of coolpix users as well?

And nikon has quite a share in the pro digital market as well at the moment... not just underwater photography!

But yes, on a more serious level, there's no reason why u can't get good pictures with ANY camera.

Good shooting.

agree that good pictures can come from any camera. even a normal point and shoot camera produces good photos in the hands of an expert.

it's just that i hardly hear nikon SLRs being used here despite the name being synonymous with high quality photographic equipment. rather i hear more ooh's and aah's about the canon L lenses and D30 and such. :)

That's probably because Canon's doing all the major equipment announcing at the moment, with the new lenses and the 1D.

And also, the Nikon users are just out there getting on with the real business of taking pictures!
:bsmilie: tongue firmly in cheek so no flames please! :bsmilie:

Originally posted by Jed
That's probably because Canon's doing all the major equipment announcing at the moment, with the new lenses and the 1D.

And also, the Nikon users are just out there getting on with the real business of taking pictures!
:bsmilie: tongue firmly in cheek so no flames please! :bsmilie:

HAhahaaa...... That a good one !

I can't help but think that Canon bunch tends to be more technology-savvy...heehee. They focus a lot at the equipment level. Like I just read a new review about a shootout between its 100-400mm IS L USM vs 2x 70-200 IS L USM

kekeke.... ... me just tot its an interesting observation which may be skewed (and most likely is)

Of coz it doesn't apply to ClubSNAP nikon users who seems to lead the pack in terms of digital technology know-how.

Check out our in-house very own Photoshop magician.
As well as a resident in Alan Photo itself.
-> Both Nikon users!

(pls note above are just a joke. Please, ClubSNAP members are welcomed to flame)

Well I'm a new happy owner of CoolPix 885, after reading lots of reviews and seeing the physical machine itself. I love the vibrant colours! (Note: either the reviews are bias or the newest 885 has the colour scheme corrected. Applying their -15 red trick make the pictures yaks - the original looks real and best!)

I must say DC is but a machine but human is alive. We change DCs over time when our skill or need grows, and chooses the best brand/price/features at that time. So apart from brand loyalist, I think it is good not to be too passionate about any brand. Just my view.:)

me nikon, konica, yashica and olympus user.........

of of them are compact cameras :p

to a certain degree, technology and the extra features/functions are good, but most of the time you can over come their absence with practice and techniques.

:p anyway, one of my greatest joy is to be able to create good images with very basic tools.... like........ a compact camera :p

rgs
rueyloon

never liked nikon becos they had so many types of lenses... whereas EF is EF, u can upgrade whenever u like.
just like their flash, the dcams can use the flash in FULL TTL unlike the CP5.000?

Originally posted by denizenx
never liked nikon becos they had so many types of lenses... whereas EF is EF, u can upgrade whenever u like.
just like their flash, the dcams can use the flash in FULL TTL unlike the CP5.000?

Sorry, you lost me at the many types of lenses part...

Originally posted by Shadus
Check out our in-house very own Photoshop magician.
As well as a resident in Alan Photo itself.

Who are they???

yup they lost me too... just look at a nikon lens compatibility brochure...

It's very easy, manual focus, and auto focus. So, which part did you not understand again?

Status
Not open for further replies.