moral of the story about a failed CF card

Status
Not open for further replies.

tionghan

May 6, 2007
been getting frustrated for this error message whenever i load in my CF card into the reader to retrieve the files and pic

"please format your disk"

??thing is i am able to view the file from my camera.!!. so i use my laptop with the same card reader.. also cannot!! and i remember just a day ago i did download files from the other CF card.. so i guess it might be a VIRUS... sure is

did a complete virus scan.. nothing found..
run a spyware detector.. found some unknown stuff.. so i thought ha must be it..

try to retrieve the CF card content again.. still cannot...

what the duck..! so i did what i must do... to completely eliminate the virus..
i re-format my pc...

after that.. thinking i must've won the battle...

it shows : "please format your disk"

........................................ ................................ ............................................. i took out the card.. look inside the card reader....

one of the pin is broken..........

moral of the story.. dun be a dumb S like me...

haha!

at least there is 1 positive outcome to the story..

your lappie feels brand new now!

it's sure frustrating to get this kind of problem.

once had this experience as well... it's the card reader's fault again for not being able to read cards more than 1gb on vista.

Ha.... thanks for sharing.... Well, at least you've learnt something.

:D Cheers mate !

Wouldn't it solve your problem once you format it? Although you will lose your files...

Thanks for sharing, so is there any way to retrieve data from a busted CF card, say before you format it?

Thanks for sharing, so is there any way to retrieve data from a busted CF card, say before you format it?
actually there's nothing wrong with my card.. which i thought it was.. all along was the fault of the card reader.. with one broken pin.. the computer can't communicate with the CF card

Wouldn't it solve your problem once you format it? Although you will lose your files...
i couldn't format the CF card at first also... which leads me to think its virus.. and went ahead to format my pc instead.. :bsmilie:

I see. So its...

"Moral of the story about a failed CF card reader"

i wouldn't recommend doin anything to your card if there's important things in there.. for my case i just finished a shoot for my client.. so is very important to keep the files intact, luckily i am able to load the pics using usb cable to transfer from camera straight to the pc... lucky me.. and i always thought canon so waste $$ to put that usb port and video port on the side of my canon..

and i always thought canon so waste $$ to put that usb port and video port on the side of my canon..

tot most new DSLRs will have the USB port on the side of the body? :think:

i never used card reader :)

my personal experience: try to avoid those 'multi-reader-in-1' whenever possible. cos CF is always the one that doesn't work. had thrown away a few in the past before. :angry:

if possible, get a dedicated CF card reader. all your problems will be solved.

but thanks to tionghan for sharing your experience :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.