Moonrise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoned

May 7, 2004
Changi
www.photo.net
After the failed attempt last time at shooting the boat yard at changi, I decided to go back for a reshoot. I tried a couple of similar compositions and exposures, but it remained crazily boring. I hit upon this idea while brooding over the scene and I believe I succeeded, but does it work for you? I tried some new things I don't usually do in making this image.

MoonriseChangiBoatYard.jpg

Really really nice. you shoot it in with a large focal length? seems a significant barrel distortion. but really love the peaceful colouful. I would make it my background if my monitor is portrait. haha. May I know the address you shooting from?

I shot it with a fisheye, hence the distortion. The address I'm shooting from? You mean the shooting location?

i don't know if you can use that title for this composition, lens choice is quite oviously too wide to make anything of a moon other than that white spot at the middle left area.. i like the blue, cool tone to it, but can't get anything about the moon in the composition.. just my 2 cents..

stjhie said:
yarp. location you were shooting form

I shot it from a bridge in Changi Village.

Patryk said:
i don't know if you can use that title for this composition, lens choice is quite oviously too wide to make anything of a moon other than that white spot at the middle left area.. i like the blue, cool tone to it, but can't get anything about the moon in the composition.. just my 2 cents..

I kinda thought about the time rather than the moon per se. In fact I was thinking of PSing out the moon because I felt the white dot was somewhat distracting. It's kinda like how a sunrise or sunset shot doesn't need to have the sun in it. It's just the general time.

stjhie said:
consider if adding a fake good moon helps? psing out will make it too bland

That would take away what I love about this photo though, the simplicity and cleanliness.

Status
Not open for further replies.