Moonrise Instead...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaer

May 6, 2004
www.photonski.com
Hi... on my way home and I just can't help but to shoot tonights moon to share...

40602%20Moonlight.jpg

Happy Vesak Day Everyone!

wow that was really good one. Yah the sky was very dramatic tonite...

Bro ...

Nice and clear shot you have here. Used a tripod?
Looks more like moon exploded instead. :D

eh .... where are the other shots you took? Show la.... :)

From my experiences, 15th of each lunar month is the best for shooting moonrises for 2 simple reasons..

1. The moon is very bright, round and big!

2. Go to the beach for this one... today, the moon-rise will be very near sunset timing, so by the time the sun sets and the light is good (not too dark), the moon is in a perfect height above the horizon for ya to take that low moon (and its reflection). Incidently, the moon is bigger when near horizon.

However, the best moonrise i ever saw in Singapore was one year I was in Pulau Hantu for a BBQ, I was at the tip of the island where I saw the Sunset and moonrise simultaneously.. one at each side!

Adams

Steady P-wound Pee Pee....hee...hee..well done bro!

wheels said:
Bro ...

Nice and clear shot you have here. Used a tripod?
Looks more like moon exploded instead. :D

eh .... where are the other shots you took? Show la.... :)

Thank you, and as promised... your legacy shall be carried on. Btw, congrates on your new "gf". Can't wait to meet her... heheh.

Smarty said:
Steady P-wound Pee Pee....hee...hee..well done bro!

Eh Smarty!.... Don't Poon here Poon there... I still waiting to see your shots hor... ;)

spurssy said:
From my experiences, 15th of each lunar month is the best for shooting moonrises for 2 simple reasons..

1. The moon is very bright, round and big!

2. Go to the beach for this one... today, the moon-rise will be very near sunset timing, so by the time the sun sets and the light is good (not too dark), the moon is in a perfect height above the horizon for ya to take that low moon (and its reflection). Incidently, the moon is bigger when near horizon.

However, the best moonrise i ever saw in Singapore was one year I was in Pulau Hantu for a BBQ, I was at the tip of the island where I saw the Sunset and moonrise simultaneously.. one at each side!

Adams

Yah... agreed... I was at Esplanade shooting today... and the moon did a dance of hide and seek among the fluffy clouds tonight... FANTASTIC... as a backdrop against the Fullerton... but too bad... don't have the right lens or camera to capture the moment.

It's common, when the clouds stands in your way, I once waited 3 hours for the moon to reach the correct height and the light to be perfect before I took a shot of moon-rise above the horizon.

However, it was taken with a compact APS camera few years back.. and I've yet to scan it.. so cannot show you.

Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.