Moon with A40


Status
Not open for further replies.

dbchoong

New Member
Apr 1, 2002
318
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
Here's a pic of the moon tonight with my A40. Not super sharp, but I'm trying to figure out a way to solve this.

BTW, can anyone guess how I got the moon so large? :)

This unmodified, just resized:


This one "fixed" with photoshop (thanks to mpenza):
 

superhero

New Member
Apr 24, 2002
69
0
0
Visit site
teleconvertors?

with the help of binoculars? telescopes? :bsmilie:
 

dbchoong

New Member
Apr 1, 2002
318
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
Originally posted by superhero
teleconvertors?

with the help of binoculars? telescopes? :bsmilie:
Good guess!!



I mounted A40 on tripod and zoomed 7.5X max digital zoom. Held bino in front of lens. Adjusted focusing on the bino and took the shot.

Now if I can figure out a way to mount the bino steady in front of lens.....

:)
 

superhero

New Member
Apr 24, 2002
69
0
0
Visit site
i got a binoc too.....

but i find the "hole" for the eyes too small for my lens liao .....:(

how much "power" zoom ur binoc have? :dunno:
 

dbchoong

New Member
Apr 1, 2002
318
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
It's a 8x21 - so I guess 8X... so 8 x 7.5 = 60X.

Small and cute bino. Got it in Giant supermarket IMM for $30+.

:)

Originally posted by superhero
i got a binoc too.....

but i find the "hole" for the eyes too small for my lens liao .....:(

how much "power" zoom ur binoc have? :dunno:
 

S

SillyCat

Guest
Originally posted by dbchoong
It's a 8x21 - so I guess 8X... so 8 x 7.5 = 60X.

Small and cute bino. Got it in Giant supermarket IMM for $30+.

:)

how u calculate the bino is how many x?
 

sulhan

Senior Member
May 11, 2002
4,028
0
36
47
Melbourne, Australia
www.md-sulhan.com
just to share,


A bino specs is read this way:

8 X 50 = 8 times magnification and the main lens is 50mm in diameter


so if you have 50x 75 = its 50 times magnification and diameter is 75mm.

The largwer the diameter = more light to enter = will be able to see more dim stars etc....



FYI,


Regards,
me
 

dbchoong

New Member
Apr 1, 2002
318
0
0
Singapore
Visit site
Yeah, much sharper.... my PS skills are the pits.... :p

:)

Originally posted by mpenza
like this better? I did some "ultra-sharpen" and unsharp mask in photoshop.

 

mervlam

Senior Member
Apr 26, 2002
2,279
0
36
Visit site
Originally posted by sulhan
just to share,


A bino specs is read this way:

8 X 50 = 8 times magnification and the main lens is 50mm in diameter


so if you have 50x 75 = its 50 times magnification and diameter is 75mm.

The largwer the diameter = more light to enter = will be able to see more dim stars etc....



FYI,


Regards,
me
i've got a pair of binoculars that is marked 9990 x 3600. it's Russian and it has a diameter of 53mm. what does that means?
 

Status
Not open for further replies.