Moon Shoot - 17 Sept

Status
Not open for further replies.
commander said:
239a.JPG

240a.JPG

yoz all,

long time never post already. just took a few photos of the half moon yesterday.

hmm.. :think:

good good..

u use wat cam, wat setting ?? would like to try to take like urs.. :sweat:

hi,

i am using fz 5.

the first pic is taken with aperture value F6.3, shutter 1/30, iso 100.

the second pic is taken F6.3, 1/40, 100.

commander said:
hi,

i am using fz 5.

the first pic is taken with aperture value F6.3, shutter 1/30, iso 100.

the second pic is taken F6.3, 1/40, 100.

hmm... ok will try it out..

mon is FIFTEEN liao.. hehe time to shoot again..

Hi guys, i took one today too....comments! hehe!

Moon.jpg

Full zoom, manual exposure, f3.3, 1/200s, iso80

May i ask is there any other better settings for taking moon shots?

my old moon images..heh heh

hi
i'm using a telescope, that is why its clearer..heh heh
btw, can you see the images? I can't seem to see my own images from my post.
for those who are like me, you can see them here :

www.pbase.com/airconvent

cheers

airconvent said:
hi
i'm using a telescope, that is why its clearer..heh heh
btw, can you see the images? I can't seem to see my own images from my post.
for those who are like me, you can see them here :

www.pbase.com/airconvent

cheers

got a suggestion... shall we ( who wan to take pic of moon ) gather and shoot plus share info abt moon ?? it could be a mini-PLUG.. :p

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

k3nn3th03 said:
got a suggestion... shall we ( who wan to take pic of moon ) gather and shoot plus share info abt moon ?? it could be a mini-PLUG.. :p

:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

thanks for the invite but that would have to be sometime in the further future..
I sold all my scope adapters together with my Nikon 4300 as an astro package sometime back, so currently no facility to take astro shots through my scope...heh heh

I think taking moonshots are challenging, cos the moon is always orbiting ard the earth.....sometime dunno which shutter speed to use to freeze the movement of the moon....cos a subsecond too slow will blur the details of the crater line.....tats my opinion...dunno hw accurate...haha

anyway, a plug outing will be fine! but seldom see anymore liao....

airconvent said:
thanks for the invite but that would have to be sometime in the further future..
I sold all my scope adapters together with my Nikon 4300 as an astro package sometime back, so currently no facility to take astro shots through my scope...heh heh

StanGetz said:
I think taking moonshots are challenging, cos the moon is always orbiting ard the earth.....sometime dunno which shutter speed to use to freeze the movement of the moon....cos a subsecond too slow will blur the details of the crater line.....tats my opinion...dunno hw accurate...haha

I've done moon shots with 1/8s before. Check my above post..:)

StanGetz said:

actually the moon is so bright and we use lower magnification, so your exposures are very short, so relative movement of the moon is not an issue here...if you were taking images of Jupiter or Mars, or some deep sky object like the Orion Nebula, than tracking is required.

(BTW, for the image you were talking about, I used 3 x optical zoom on my camera but it was attached to my telescope set at x45 magnification... )

cheers

Oic...but anyway very nice lor! cheems u seems to noe a lot on astronomy....haha hope to meet up and discuss sometimes..!!

airconvent said:
actually the moon is so bright and we use lower magnification, so your exposures are very short, so relative movement of the moon is not an issue here...if you were taking images of Jupiter or Mars, or some deep sky object like the Orion Nebula, than tracking is required.

(BTW, for the image you were talking about, I used 3 x optical zoom on my camera but it was attached to my telescope set at x45 magnification... )

cheers

+evenstar said:
I've done moon shots with 1/8s before. Check my above post..:)
Yup i seen ur photo of the moon. incredible, so sharp. guess its realli the difference in the equipment. for mine when i tried to take 1/8s, its overexposed. looks like one bright lantern! so i juz trial an error, f2.8 and varies the shutter speed to take a gd shot.

anyway, wana chaeck wif u if i used spot-metering mode, will it help? or even spot focued on the moon itself..thanks!

StanGetz said:
Yup i seen ur photo of the moon. incredible, so sharp. guess its realli the difference in the equipment. for mine when i tried to take 1/8s, its overexposed. looks like one bright lantern! so i juz trial an error, f2.8 and varies the shutter speed to take a gd shot.

anyway, wana chaeck wif u if i used spot-metering mode, will it help? or even spot focued on the moon itself..thanks!
I used manual exposure, get your own desired exposure. I shot at f10

mmm...so nobody took the partial eclipse tonight....sky was hazy but the eclipse was clear...

took this last week in Shanghai
handheld, 12x

P1010470.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.