Moon Rise @ Ayers Rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoolBlue

Jan 30, 2002
TP
yusufkay.multiply.com
Managed to capture the full moon rising behind the Ayers Rock during my trip there last July.

Img_3158-69-700_395-Ayers-Rock-MoonRise.jpg

Constructive comments appreciated :)

I can understand the amount of effort and endurance waiting for the moon to rise. I once waited 3 hours for a moon-rise.

I like the series, but the moon is not dramatic enough, more like a speck in the sky. Nothing much can be done, other than post a cropped shot with more of the moon (which will leave a cropped rock), or using digital manipulation to resize the moon and replace it in the frames.

Nice composition anyway.

I thought the Australians have decided to revert the name back to "Uluru"?

spurssy said:
I can understand the amount of effort and endurance waiting for the moon to rise. I once waited 3 hours for a moon-rise.

I like the series, but the moon is not dramatic enough, more like a speck in the sky. Nothing much can be done, other than post a cropped shot with more of the moon (which will leave a cropped rock), or using digital manipulation to resize the moon and replace it in the frames.

Nice composition anyway.
Thanks for your comments.

I was there to watch the sunset but that night also happened to be a full moon and I managed to capture the moon rising behind the rock. Good thing I had my tripod set-up! About the moon looking small in the picture, it just explains how big and massive the Ayers Rock is.

Status
Not open for further replies.