Moon - 27/11/2010

commonjunks

Jul 23, 2009
Jurong
5209564880_151afeff3c_b.jpg

are you using a telescope or a teleconverter on a telephoto lens or an epic ultra super telephoto lens? :D

nice pic btw, love the detail :)

The moon is especially bright and big tonight, was seeing it all the way home....

Thank you guys, it is same old i am using 600mm.

awesome!

very detail! one of the most details pic of the moon i ever seen in here :) still cant find chang-er tho....

I would like to ask a question about the size of the moon from where we stand. Couples nights ago, while travelling at CTE, the moon was ultra big, I mean literally 2.5x the normal size. But when I reached around PIE exit, the moon shrunk to normal size. Why?

Also I have seen in 2 evenings, the sun was ultra big too (I mean huge) orange ball. Is it because of atmospheric gas or vapour?

I would like to ask a question about the size of the moon from where we stand. Couples nights ago, while travelling at CTE, the moon was ultra big, I mean literally 2.5x the normal size. But when I reached around PIE exit, the moon shrunk to normal size. Why?

Also I have seen in 2 evenings, the sun was ultra big too (I mean huge) orange ball. Is it because of atmospheric gas or vapour?

no idea.. I seen those ultra big moon before too.. somehow it shows for a while then return to the normal size..

Great shot! :thumbsup:

Do you set this up on a very sturdy tripod?
My Slik sprint pro wobbles even at the flip of the DSLR mirror when I mount a 400mm. :(

Great shot! :thumbsup:

Do you set this up on a very sturdy tripod?
My Slik sprint pro wobbles even at the flip of the DSLR mirror when I mount a 400mm. :(

I am using Gitzo 5541Ls, I am not sure about Slik but there should be some weight limit so check what maximum weight it can take. You can see my setting in picture, can try using same setting.

I am using Gitzo 5541Ls, I am not sure about Slik but there should be some weight limit so check what maximum weight it can take. You can see my setting in picture, can try using same setting.

Ha...ha... I am very sure I am way off the loading limit of my tripod. Just that I don't have any better one lying around in the house.

Thanks for the info.

no idea.. I seen those ultra big moon before too.. somehow it shows for a while then return to the normal size..
Optical illusion. ;)