Monthly photo contest?

Status
Not open for further replies.

two200

Nov 19, 2004
Eunos
galleria2200.blogspot.com
To moderators and all CSers,

What do you all think we have a monthly photo contest by members of CS based on a theme? The best photo will be voted on by CSers themselves. The prize will be a large inflated ego!:bsmilie:

This way, we can all make ourselves busy with our camera and learn in the process.

What do you all think?

Our poor mods will have to do the judging?

Good to have this events
But can it be something like photo marathon? eg. no editing...:bigeyes:

Thanks for supporting.

Basically,
- each month has a theme eg colours, shapes, cats, etc
- one photo per CSers per contest
- no PP allowed except simple like cropping, resizing or others that do not change character of the photo
- contest open for 3 calendar week with voting on the 4th week
- voting by all CSers, and highest votes win
- prize - inflated ego ;)

This is strictly for fun and for learning process only. This project can also be put as sticky in Novice section.

Any feedback most welcome.

Monthly is too long. How about weekly. No judging, instead it should be a poll and we can vote for our favorite photographs. Before the start of a week, a mod/admin has to choose a theme.

<--- 3 Days Entering --><---- 4 Days Voting ---->

You mean something like this?

Yup, something like this but open to all brands and less formal with no prize except inflated ego:bsmilie:

Monthly is too long. How about weekly. No judging, instead it should be a poll and we can vote for our favorite photographs. Before the start of a week, a mod/admin has to choose a theme.

<--- 3 Days Entering --><---- 4 Days Voting ---->

I feel most of us may be too busy or lazy to be on our feet every week to take photos; that is why monthly probably will be better. However, the photos that had been put up this week may be replaced by another one if one feels that he got a better one the next week. This can be done as long as the 'contest' is still open.

Agreed that there should not be any judging, but winners by a show of votes

I kind of like this idea...:thumbsup:

Thanks for the show of support. This 'project' can only be successful if there are enough people to support it. Spread the word.....

Once critical mass is achieved, then we can politely ask the moderator to make it sticky preferably in the Newbies Corner (my preference, because I think the people who are really interested and energetic would probably be the newbies)

Not a bad idea, will try to participate if one is set up. I also think a weekly one is too fast. At the very most every 2 weeks or something.

One thing though, how do you know that a photo has not gone through editing?

Let's try out and i believe amny will come in once it's started...

Not a bad idea, will try to participate if one is set up. I also think a weekly one is too fast. At the very most every 2 weeks or something.

One thing though, how do you know that a photo has not gone through editing?

Frankly, there is no real way of knowing whether a photo has gone thru editing.

Since this idea is mainly for the fun of taking photo and also to improve our photographic technics, coupled with the fact that there is no real prize award except an inflated ego, I think most will just put up the photo without editing.

Let's try out and i believe amny will come in once it's started...

Ok, theme?

good idea, will definately support.

Status
Not open for further replies.