Month of Photography - The Couple by Julia Nah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terence

Nov 16, 2003
I'm a Llama!
Was down at the most recently opened MoP event last night. The Couple by amateur photographer Julia Nah features a series of photographs depicting chairs in very human-like poses. The photos shows the various stages of a relationship and I think the overall effect was rather convincing. I had a great time looking at the often whimiscal and humorous postures that the chairs assumed. The scenes were mainly captured in the backalleys of Geylang, Joo Chiat and Little India. They offer yet another perspective of the Singaporean street scene which many of us seem to miss. You can check the images out at:

Venue: City Room @ Basheer Books, Bras Basah Complex Level 4 (Free Admission)

Time: 11am - 8pm Daily

Dates: Jun 22 - Jul 2

YAH I loved that series! saw the photos at the henri cartier bresson gallery tho..
the book which has her photos along with 4 other photogs cost only $15 was seriously comtemplating to buy

her series was real fantastic and well-thought out!
looking forward to Joseph Nair's!

i came across the exhibits when i stumbled into the back room of basheer, wondering where all the photo books were gone to.

think i saw julie herself, preparing the exhibit space writing the curly script of her poems with pencil on the wall.

i wanted to ask "are you julie?" but refrained.

guess the pics, and the sight of the lady writing on the wall overwhelmed me :)

(so what's the chairs equivalent?)

igpenguin said:
i came across the exhibits when i stumbled into the back room of basheer, wondering where all the photo books were gone to.

think i saw julie herself, preparing the exhibit space writing the curly script of her poems with pencil on the wall.

i wanted to ask "are you julie?" but refrained.

guess the pics, and the sight of the lady writing on the wall overwhelmed me :)

(so what's the chairs equivalent?)

Ahh, you were the guy who was staring for quite a bit then. I remember you, I think.

I went with my gf while passing by basheer. Not sure if the lady at the table was julia herself. :)

I like the first few from the series paticularly the "dating" ones. However did not feel anything for the ones with the chairs stacked up but its just me. :) Nevetheless, very nicely done. :thumbsup:

Terence said:
Ahh, you were the guy who was staring for quite a bit then. I remember you, I think.

Hi Terence,

I went on the day before the exhibitions officially opened I think. Was it the same day?

Hey, I would recognise you, and you would recognise me, because we have met :D

I don't suppose you were staring at me staring at the pictures and you left before I turned around and saw you :confused:

Mike

rebbot said:
I went with my gf while passing by basheer. Not sure if the lady at the table was julia herself. :)

I think that would be the gallery sitter.

igpenguin said:
Hi Terence,

I went on the day before the exhibitions officially opened I think. Was it the same day?

Hey, I would recognise you, and you would recognise me, because we have met :D

I don't suppose you were staring at me staring at the pictures and you left before I turned around and saw you :confused:

Mike

Oh hey Mike, didn't know it was you. Guess it was another person who came up a bit earlier. He was staring so intently in our direction that it was making me uncomfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.