Month of Photography 06 Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terence

Nov 16, 2003
I'm a Llama!
In conjunction with Month of Photography 2006, the "Snap That Kiss" photo competition will be running till the end of June. Top prize is the rare Epson R-D1s digital rangefinder.

More details of the competition available at the MoP Website.

MoP isn't just about contests and prizes, there are several exhibitions going on at various venues, including two which showcase the works of Henri Cartier-Bresson and Robert Doisneau. Full details are found at the MoP Website.

wah... feels like become paparazzi...

Wah.. This kind of pics.. Can kerna sue you know :sweat: Must be very careful..

I remember the famous pic. of the couple kissing in Paris, the photographer got sued and had to compensate some $ to the couple :sweat:

Terence said:
In conjunction with Month of Photography 2006, the "Snap That Kiss" photo competition will be running till the end of June. Top prize is the rare Epson R-D1s digital rangefinder.

More details of the competition available at the MoP Website.

MoP isn't just about contests and prizes, there are several exhibitions going on at various venues, including two which showcase the works of Henri Cartier-Bresson and Robert Doisneau. Full details are found at the MoP Website.

Time to look for model couple for TFCD

jeryltan said:

I remember the famous pic. of the couple kissing in Paris, the photographer got sued and had to compensate some $ to the couple :sweat:

Really, which gossip column did you hear from? Nobody knew who the couple was until recently, even then, she just claim it was her in the picture. She does not even know who the sailor was.

Whether true or not I don't know.. But even if kerna just a simple complaint also not funny :angel:

sportshooter said:
Really, which gossip column did you hear from? Nobody knew who the couple was until recently, even then, she just claim it was her in the picture. She does not even know who the sailor was.

jeryltan said:
Whether true or not I don't know.. But even if kerna just a simple complaint also not funny :angel:

Since u don't know, then it is at your best interest to del or alter your statement or u might get sued for tarnishing the photographer's image. ;)

It's ok lah.. Wait until someone prove it's not true :bsmilie:

Anyway, will stop OTing, pple going to complain soon :)

sportshooter said:
Since u don't know, then it is at your best interest to del or alter your statement or u might get sued for tarnishing the photographer's image. ;)

heh,, thats why they invented telephoto zooms....

strange, i thought that lovers kiss in paris was a posed shot or something? the photographer gave a copy of it to the lady and she recently sold it for some cash?

:think: Don't know.. Many variations going around :bsmilie:

Horsba85 said:
strange, i thought that lovers kiss in paris was a posed shot or something? the photographer gave a copy of it to the lady and she recently sold it for some cash?

For those who wish to join, take note that photos must be printed in A4 size using EPSON ink and paper. Happy shooting. ;)

wah, how to print on Epson printer when all my printers, even the office ones are Canon???
Anyone wanna start photo printing service using their Epson printer?

Ren_Hao said:
wah, how to print on Epson printer when all my printers, even the office ones are Canon???
Anyone wanna start photo printing service using their Epson printer?

it's already stated at the website on where you can print for the competition

MoP said:
Special EPSON Print Discounts for Participants!
Printing services are available for participants at the discounted price of $2.50 at the following outlets:

Epson Square
1 Harbour Front Place
Harbour Front Tower One
#01-10,
Singapore 098633
Tel: 6586 5599
Opening hours: Mon – Fri, 9am to 6pm

Cathay Photo Store
111, North Bridge Road
Peninsula Plaza
#01-11 to 14 / #01-07 to 08 / #01-05
Singapore 179098
Tel: 6337 4274 / 6338 0451
Opening hours: Mon – Sat, 10am to 7pm

Cathay Photo Store
6, Raffles Boulevard
Marina Square
#02-215/216
Singapore 169074
Tel: 6339 6188
Opening hours: Mon – Sat, 10am to 7pm

Please inform the personnel at these outlets that you are a participant of Snap That Kiss! competition to enjoy the discount.

Interesting. But it would be hard to really capture that kiss unless.... :think: Can get a posed shot.

But this sort of posed photos doesn't really appeal to me.

jeryltan said:

tsk tsk tsk..
Issue was that the photographer took the photo, no model release form. IIRC it's a girl sitting on a guy's shoulder bending down/kissing him.
When the editor was looking for photos to fit an article about youth promiscuity, he came across the photo and published it.
The papers got sued, and paid a large sum to the couple.

Edit: It's not the photo of a sailor and a girl. That was a photo by henry cartier or something.

The photo by Robert D. was posed. :D

take a pic of ur frd kiss Monopoly $$ can liao. :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.