Montage 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear All,

Please note that NUS Photographic Society will be setting up a booth at Yusof Ishak Hall, NUS outside the Students' Society Work Area next to the YIH Canteen on the 12th May, this coming Wed from 10am to 6pm to collect prints and also for tickets sales for the seminar.

Tickets are priced at $10 for students and $15 for Public. Personal delivery is available for group purchases of more than 10 tickets. NUSPS members are also entitled to discount.

Furthur enquires pls email Jason at president@nusps.org.sg or Eng Hong at secretary@nusps.org.sg

Hope to receive your support. Thank You.

Eng Hong

Featured Speakers

Celebrity Photography, by Mr. Russel Wong
About the topic:

Celebrity Photography is the forte of renowned photographer, Mr. Russel Wong, who has worked with subjects like Jackie Chan, Cindy Crawford and Richard Gere. He will take this opportunity to share with us the joy and interesting facts, behind the scene of these glamorous photographs.

Speaker Biography:

No stranger to fashion photography, Mr. Russel belongs to the elite group of photographers to have contributed to the covers of TIME magazine. A graduate of The Art Center College of Design in Los Angeles, his subjects have included celebrities like Joan Chen, Jackie Chan, Richard Gere and Cindy Crawford. Based in Singapore after a 10 year stay in the USA, Mr. Russel's commercial clients include Singapore Airlines, Nokia, Ritz Carlton and Cartier. He has also worked on movies like "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon" and "Hero".

http://www.russelwongphoto.com/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nature Photography in Singapore, by Dr. Graeme R Guy
About the topic:

A good nature photograph is always hard to capture, and finding nature in Singapore's 'concrete jungle' is no easy task either. However, Dr. Guy seems to be capturing Singapore's Nature in the most beautiful way. In this presentation, he will be sharing his experience of nature photography, impart some tricks of getting that desired nature shot, and where to find it locally.

Speaker Biography:

The founder of the Nature Photographic Society (S), Dr. Graeme Guy's contribution to the development of nature photography is undoubtedly significant. An avid promoter to the need for conservation of wildlife, Dr. Guy has contributed illustrated articles regularly to international photographic magazines. A fellow of the Australian Photographic Society, Royal Photographic Society and Photographic Society of America, he has accumulated over 2000 acceptances, 450 awards and 200 medals in the last 8 years with permanent exhibits in Australia and India.

http://www.grguy.net/

Life as a Young Photographer, by Mr. Ernest Goh
About the topic:

Photography is a popular hobby among many youth. The increasing popularity of digital photography and active promotion, results in an increase of youth photographers over these years. Learn from Mr. Ernest Goh, an accomplished Young photographer, about the exciting and fulfilling life as a young photographer.

Speaker Biography:

Having obtained a SPH Arts Scholarship in 1998, Mr. Ernest went on to be a photojournalist at The Straits Times. Upon graduation at Temasek Polytechnic in its Visual Communication programme in 1999, he was awarded the Phillips Design Excellence Award for photography and also in the same year, published 'Laughter in the Rain', a book documenting history and reality of disabled sports in Singapore. In June 2002, Ernest documented a medical mission by Singapore doctors to the remote island of Sumba, Indonesia of which the photographs are currently being used to raise funds for medical work. He is currently a freelance photographer.

http://www.ernestgoh.com/

Digital Imaging Workflow by Mr. Vincent Bockaert
About the topic:

Mr. Vincent Bockaert will be talking about the digital imaging workflow, including the latest developments in digital imaging, the differences between digital compact cameras and digital SLRs, and the new features of Adobe Photoshop CS for digital photography.

Speaker Biography:

Mr. Vincent Bockaert (Digital Imaging Workflow) Author of "The 123 of digital imaging Interactive e-book", founder of 123di.com, and site contributor for dpreview.com, Mr. Vincent Bockaert has a profound knowledge of all aspects of the digital imaging workflow and extensive experience in image enhancement methods.
http://www.vincentbockaert.com/

Yip Hoi Kee's World of Photography, Slide Show by Mr. Yip Hoi Kee
About the topic:

Mr. Yip is a renowned photographer with years of experience. He has received numerous awards, and held position of honorary advisors to many photographic groups. In this Slide show, he will be bring us through the world of photography in his perspective and share his unique appreciation of this fine art.

Speaker Biography:

Mr. Yip picked up photography in 1958 and by 1968, he was enrolled as Associate Of The Royal Photographic Society Of Great Britain and had been its Life Member ever since. His list of associateships has grown since to include those of the IPS, FIAP and many more. He is also the honorary advisor to many clubs and societies, including NUSPS. He is also the founder of SAFRA photo club. Having three photographic books to his credit, he has also contributed measurably in activities such as exhibition, judging, writing articles and playing advisor to several local photographic organisations. An inspiration to many, he is truly the mentor.
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~vivienyh/yiphome.htm

taken from http://www.nusps.org.sg/montage/speakers.htm

To all,

Please note that the deadline for submission of entries for the exhibition is this Thur 27th May 2004, 5pm.

All entries submitted by post should be mailed to the following address:

NUS PHOTOGRAPHIC SOCIETY
KENT RIDGE POST OFFICE
PO BOX 1121
S(911105)

Participants can also personally submit their photographs at the following venues:

1. NUS Photographic Society
c/o NUSSU Secretariat Photographic Club
Yusof Ishak House

2. SAFRA Bukit Merah
5200 Jalan Bukit Merah,
31 Kent Ridge Rd, Level 5, Singapore
Singapore 119078

Also please note that judging will be carried out this Sat 29th May at SAFRA Bkt Merah. All are invited to attend.

Parties interested in purchasing tickets for the seminar may also purchase tickets at SAFRA on Sat.

Thank you all for your support.

EngHong

Hi Eng Hong,
May I know what time and where exactly in Safra Bt Merah will the judging be held on Sat?
Thanks!

jAdium-scHeckte said:
Hi Eng Hong,
May I know what time and where exactly in Safra Bt Merah will the judging be held on Sat?
Thanks!

Sorry, was away in KL the past 3 days.........tom Sat at 10am SAFRA Bukit Merah, Level 4 Function Room.

EngHong

<A MESSAGE FROM OUR VICE PREZ TO ALL PARTICIPANTS>
====================================================

Dear Participants,

Thank you for your overwhelming response toward Montage 2004 Photographic Exhibition. Close to 700 entries were received in total and they will be judged this Saturday! You are invited to witness the judging this
Saturday and view the exhibition from 12th June. Details are as follows:

Montage Judging of Exhibition Prints:
Date: 29 May 2004 (Sat)
Time: 10am-3pm (2 consecutive shifts)
Venue: SAFRA Bukit Merah Function Room

Montage Exhibition:
Date: 12-20 June 2004
Venue: Suntec Singapore Level 2
Date: 10-21 August 2004
Venue: NUS Museum Visiting Exhibition Gallery

Moreover, Montage 2004 seminar will also be held in June at Suntec
Singapore, with an exciting lineup of topics
and speakers:
- Celebrity Photography, by Mr Russel Wong
- Nature Photography in Singapore, by Dr Graeme R Guy
- Life as a Young Photographer, by Mr Ernest Goh
- Digital Imaging Workflow by Mr Vincent Bockaert
- Yip Hoi Kee's World of Photography, Slide Show by Mr Yip Hoi Kee

Date: 12 June 2004 (Sat)
Time: 9am-5pm
Venue: Suntec Singapore International Convention and Exhibition Centre
(SICEC) Theatre
Tickets: $10 (Student), $15 (Public)

All seminar participants will get an attractive goodies bag each. First
200 people to purchase the tickets will get Free 99photo.com Trial Account.

To get your tickets for the seminar, please visit the official Montage
website for details http://www.nusps.org.sg/montage.

<<======Tickets can also be purchased this Saturday after the judging
of the exhibition entries====>

The NUS Photographic Society hereby express heartfelt thanks and look
forward to your continued support and participation in our annual Montage series of events!

Regards
Cai Zonghe
Vice President
NUS Photographic Society

hey... so who went for the judging? how was it? were the photos good? how does the winning photo looks like?

jkl

Saw the final 10 prints of the student section. Like 3 of it that fits the theme "magic of light". Very rich in color with a play in lightings, and they won the top and 2 merit prize. The other two that also won the merit are normal subject but well taken.

Pro-New said:
Saw the final 10 prints of the student section. Like 3 of it that fits the theme "magic of light". Very rich in color with a play in lightings, and they won the top and 2 merit prize. The other two that also won the merit are normal subject but well taken.

argh... i end up only with an Honourable mention... argh...

Anymore details about the winning photos? I had a phonecall asking me to verify my name and the entry's name, "so that it can be printed in the program booklet." What does this mean? Shortlisted for the exhibition or ....? The exhibition will feature works of only the winning entries or some of the other good ones as well?

Okies, thank you! Means that maybe I won a prize... but I dunno which one. But nonetheless, I'm happy, first time for me!

NUS, mine was a photo of rays of light coming through a window. Did you see it?

Pro-New said:
I was told by Jason the exhibition will have about 10 prints! and only 5 prize winners in each section. I was not one of the committee, no details of the winners.

Hi Pro-New,

the 10 prints are the prize winners,

1 x EOS 300D for Singapore Students,
1 x EOS 300D for NUS,
4 x i495 for Singapore Students,
4 x i455 for NUS,
5 honorary mentions(no prizes) each for NUS and Singapore Students.

In total, more than 100 prints to be exhibited. Those that you see going for a second round of selection are those selected for exhibition. Participants being called up for particulars are those whose photos will be included in the programme booklet.

Will confirm the prize winners list and post again. Any more doubts please feel free to post.

EngHong

didnt see the nus section. so can't help u...

Pro-New said:

NOt really true what, the top prize for the NUS category was a studio portrait photo............dun ask me why the judges choose it............??

=>

Okies, thank you. Shall quietly await the good news then. =)

enghong,

so wat's the final outcome? will u be posting the results here?

Status
Not open for further replies.