monopod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rejoice

May 6, 2007
Upper Thomson
Need somd advise. Do you mount your camera directly to the monopod or use a tripod head (e.g. ballhead). Tks.

my monopod screw head a bit long cant really fit my cam directly, so i'm using a head

why use a ballhead when slight tilt of the monopod serves the same fuction. totally useless to put a ballhead IMO

For Landscape and Portrait orientation.... and I use a tilt head with quick release. Faster to mount and unmount.

I think the most I'll use a tilt head for, as zac08 said, portrait & landscape orientation. Otherwise, a ballhead on a monopod is just too flimsy to adjust. For me, I just attach a quick release adaptor to my monopod (when I use it in those super rare times) for easy mount/dismount... =)

why use a ballhead when slight tilt of the monopod serves the same fuction. totally useless to put a ballhead IMO

try tilting the monopod when you are shooting something thats half your height and 5m away from you.

i am not saying we are going to shoot that every single day, every simgle time. but with that ball head, you can set it in that angle, while still maintaining your monopod upright for maximum support and stability. it takes a genius to use a monopod at 45% tilt.

thats why up till now, i kept my ballhead on my monopod. for such rare occasions. otherwise its always tightened at the "straight up" position.

mine with lightest ballhead i can get....

mine with lightest ballhead i can get....

I use a old tripod ballhead from a PPCP V2 tripod..... with QR plate, much eaiser to separate lens (EF 70-200mm f4 IS) from monopod. Also, by loosening the ballhead, I could position the monopod into more type of angles then normally possible.

Last edited:
yes i've used a ballhead with my monopod before, and it doesnt' work for me.
Ballhead might be overkill for monopod but swivel Head definitely is useful.

Try take a look at Manfrotto 234RC monopod swivel head.
man234rc.jpg

other then ballhead, which monopod swivel head use Arcaswiss plate?

any one know?

Wow.... Nice :thumbsup:

But for $150 USD.... I'll keep using my old PPCP Ballhead. :sweat:
Acraswiss stuff never cheap. RRS stuff never cheap but they are good stuff.

Hi, I am using Manfrotto 234RC monopod swivel head.

Found very useful and you can remove from tripod/monopod very fast and it's very secured.

:thumbsup:
I found some of our stores quoted S$ 55 for the same. pls check our sg shops,tq

Horses for courses. The smaller ballhead on my monopod gave me flexibility when shooting macros previously.

For folks who do not need the extra flexibility, then it becomes a liability

Ryan

Ballhead might be overkill for monopod but swivel Head definitely is useful.

Try take a look at Manfrotto 234RC monopod swivel head.
man234rc.jpg

Just to check that this head is only to adjust orientation from landscape to portrait only right? Can it be used to adjust up/down angle? If I don't need portrait shooting, do i still need a head or just attach the camera directly to the monopod?
Sorry for the questions as I have never use a monopod before. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.