Monopod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kohzoni

Sep 3, 2006
hi! I'm looking for a good and cheap monopod. Is there anywhere i might be able to get one? Whats the average price for one?

There's the Benro one... not bad to me.

There's a MO for this brand.

If you do not own a ballhead or so, do bear in mind that the monopod comes only the pod.

Agreed that the Manfrotto is good enough. :)

sumball said:
If you do not own a ballhead or so, do bear in mind that the monopod comes only the pod.

Agreed that the Manfrotto is good enough. :)

yup manfrotto is good... hehe.. i using 685B... neotec :thumbsup:

oh ya... if wan combo head, not so heavy stuff, then maybe can consider a Gitzo monopod for trekking, forget which model is that, but it comes with a small ball head and its long, light enuff as trekking stick.

I got a slik monopod it's call slim-pod bought it in alan Photo funan cost about $30 very light weight, japanese made, you can even use it to whack intruder hehe. Its cheap and good might one to consider it.

Firstly, I do apologise if this question is in the wrong thread. Well, here goes, ...

Which is more appropriate for macro photography, especially flowers and insects? A monopod or a tripod? I'm planning to get the carbon fibre Benro MC-88 monopod, but I'm unsure if it's a wise decision. In the first place, I've no tripod and have been taking macro shots hand-held. Unfortunately, the photos have all been either blurry or soft. Please advise.

Firstly, I do apologise if this question is in the wrong thread. Well, here goes, ...

Which is more appropriate for macro photography, especially flowers and insects? A monopod or a tripod? I'm planning to get the carbon fibre Benro MC-88 monopod, but I'm unsure if it's a wise decision. In the first place, I've no tripod and have been taking macro shots hand-held. Unfortunately, the photos have all been either blurry or soft. Please advise.

A tripod will be better for better control. But the time taken to set it up and get the shot up may also make you lose the shot as the insect may have moved off by then.

But if you practise getting it into position fast enuff, it would be a much better and more powerful tool.

Cheers,

Slik Pro Pod 600 sure looks nice indeed, I wonder what screw thread it takes? I already bought mine a Manfrotto, really like this type of leg release, don't like the twist lock type.

Manfrotto Monopod comes with usable of both type of screw threads. Slik usually comes in the smaller screw threads to mount camera but need adapter to mount ballhead, but I am not sure if their monopod are made the same as their tripods. I like Slik also.

My Slik tripods I super glued the screw adapter so that I can use my existing ballheads onto them.

../azul123

Status
Not open for further replies.