Monopod Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeo

May 7, 2002
Lost
Visit site
Manfrotto Monopod 682B

I saw this today, and was reading about it..

Anybody has any experience using this? Or is there a better one to recommend? :)

romeo said:
Manfrotto Monopod 682B

I saw this today, and was reading about it..

Anybody has any experience using this? Or is there a better one to recommend? :)

682 is pretty heavy you know? 1.1kg. And also very long when it is retracted, it will stick out quite a bit from a mid-sized backpack like Rover II AW when strapped to the tripod/monopod strap. It extends to a very tall height and is useful if you are like > 1.85m tall.

Good pt is that it can take the mini 3 legs at the bottom, but it's going to be a bit useless and very clumsy to use on uneven ground (eg nature shots).

Maybe you can consider the 679, looks skinny but believe me it's still rigid. You can go to CP and play with the 679 and others, you can press down with all your might and it won't slip.

If wanna get, must get the black versions. It looks nicer as well as more pro (asked a couple of normal layman person before) esp if your body is black and costs like $5 more only...compared to the silver unpainted version.

I saw a carbon monopod being sold at K-13, Peninsula Plaza 2nd sty just beside the escalator (on Bata's side). Giottos 8960, i was quoted $105, should be bargainable. Only difference is that it is not the speed release lever type employed by manfrotto, but it's a small issue once you get used to it i guess. Looks and feels good too. Note, it is carbon and not CF, as in graphite. I like graphite's feel and look, would have gotten it. Compared to a similar sized aluminum one, graphite is lighter. Touch one yourself and compare.

http://www.giottos.com/eng_public/products_variation_detail.asp?ProductID=50&VariationID=299

Status
Not open for further replies.