Monopod in NDP

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSLR and Monopods were seen at the rehersals. I do not think it is a problem. ;)

Hahaha.. I think it should be okay lah... at the most let the security check you.

I remember 2 yrs ago I went to Bukit Jalil in KL for the Hockey World Cup -- had my tripod and 100-400 tamron with F80.... haha... the security look at me, then waved me into the PRESS section! WAh lau!!! I was only a spectator and they assumed I was Press Photog! SHIOK MAN!!!!

engineermunn said:
Hahaha.. I think it should be okay lah... at the most let the security check you.

I remember 2 yrs ago I went to Bukit Jalil in KL for the Hockey World Cup -- had my tripod and 100-400 tamron with F80.... haha... the security look at me, then waved me into the PRESS section! WAh lau!!! I was only a spectator and they assumed I was Press Photog! SHIOK MAN!!!!

Cool!!!!!! :blah: :blah: :blah:

you need passes lah. during rehearsals, the press are wearing easily identifiable vests with numbers.... like football players ;p

engineermunn said:

:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

i think cannot.. cuz of tight security on that day... it maybe juz a camera, but i think the security might turn ur entry down... well.. i dunno... u can try.. but dun put high hopes on it.. cuz... well.. its NDP.. and there will be the presidents and stuffs.. so maybe cameras that is "oversized" and bulky may block the view of the viewers who want to enjoy the show..

be mindful that there will be security guards patroling the seating areas so as to maximise security measures. so erm, if u are intending to "smuggle" in the camera... haha.. den u suddenly take out... u better good luck.. i duunno wad they can do to u.. but who knows...

to me experience as a performer, stage hands ands viewer once... erm.. small small PnS camera can lo.. but too big cannot or not really recommended... :sweat:

ask the NDP Exco before proceeding... this year's Exco Comm is RSN... i think so... cuz the Chairman is RSN de rite ? hahahaha saw him on tv once and he came to grace some events which i was there also la... very handsome.. =P handsome i mean the rank la.. hahaha :bsmilie:

Me going to the preview this Sat...

There's a slip of paper together with the tix that says "You are to REFRAIN from carrying bags to the stadium". :dunno:

REFRAIN means preferably not...but OK if I really want to right?? :devil:

I'm just worried about the monopod. Sekali they don't allow me to go in with the monopod then jia lat...dunno where to put it also.

I don't think there should be any problem.
I was at the NDP for the last 2 yrs liao and brought my gear and Manfrotto tripod.
It is only a little bit more hassle as they check your bags before permitting entry.

Monopod should be even more easier to get through.

Anyway if I am going again this year, I will still bring my gear.

hrmm. since we are on the topic of NDP..

anyone got extra tix? lolx.

people are selling their tix.. but its too expensive.. and abit senseless to sell them. they got it free & now they sell it. :nono:

I do not agree to selling of tix, but would not mind for exchanging of tix so can sit in the same zone with frens.

hello, my fren managed to get 2 passes for tml NDP preview. pass is meant for photographer and you will be able to walk around in the stadium (i think incl grand stand), but cannot go into the track and field area.

but need to attend a briefing at 3pm on sat, 31 July 04.
i guess that you will be burning most of your time there, from 3~9pm. me not sure on this thou.

First to sms will get, i return your sms to confirm with you are the one.
No return of SMS means that you are a bit late to SMS me.

So, to those who wants to join me (only 1 pass available - FORGET TO SAY IT IS FREE!!)
please SMS to me at 9658 3166 BY 3.15pm.
DO NOT PM!!
All my fren needs is your full name and IC no.

Hope that you will not fly kite on that day as this is a favour from my fren, which i don't want her to get into trouble like " asked me to get the pass, but they don't turn up" kinda thing. Hope you understand.

scud said:
hello, my fren managed to get 2 passes for tml NDP preview. pass is meant for photographer and you will be able to walk around in the stadium (i think incl grand stand), but cannot go into the track and field area.

but need to attend a briefing at 3pm on sat, 31 July 04.
i guess that you will be burning most of your time there, from 3~9pm. me not sure on this thou.

First to sms will get, i return your sms to confirm with you are the one.
No return of SMS means that you are a bit late to SMS me.

So, to those who wants to join me (only 1 pass available - FORGET TO SAY IT IS FREE!!)
please SMS to me at 9658 3166 BY 3.15pm.
DO NOT PM!!
All my fren needs is your full name and IC no.

Hope that you will not fly kite on that day as this is a favour from my fren, which i don't want her to get into trouble like " asked me to get the pass, but they don't turn up" kinda thing. Hope you understand.

Offer Closed.

first time going to ndp preview. so, can i cfm that i can bring my DSLR and monopod into the stadium?

what if i m nt allow to bring in, can i deposit my gears with them and get back from them afterward? anyone?

thanks in advace! :D

me goin to ndp preview too... guess i'll just bring my dslr and a standard zoom lens down... hope there wouldn't be any "trouble"..

Status
Not open for further replies.