Monopod for slightly taller guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone...

Am thinking of getting a monopod. But for the life of me i have NO IDEA where to start. Any advice?

I'm 1.8m tall, so 1.5m tall monopods are a bit too short..

Any idea of how much i should set aside? ( First and second hand)

Thanks for reading and advising!

drummercow said:
Hi everyone...

Am thinking of getting a monopod. But for the life of me i have NO IDEA where to start. Any advice?

I'm 1.8m tall, so 1.5m tall monopods are a bit too short..

Any idea of how much i should set aside? ( First and second hand)

Thanks for reading and advising!

I am 1.84... used to use a 679B, that is about 1.62 i think. I sold it and bought a shorter 1.54 680B instead. I got no problem with the height :) Dun forget that you will have to factor in the ball head's height too...
:)

Recommend u to get the Slik Pro Pod 600
:thumbsup: :think: :thumbsup:

actually depends on the method of stabilisation you trying to achieve, tuck inbetween feet, or stick to the ground, the lenght would be different... and wats the kind of deployment you would choose...

just go down to CP or other shops to try every monopod and den make a decision...

Hi drummercow, I am standing at 1.88 and i just bought the Manfrotto 679B last month from CP. Good monopod i would say, enough to serve me for now. I transferred the head of my old tripod (486rc2) to my new monopod and bought a new tripod head (322rc2) on that day as well. Both monopod and new head cost me $200/nett. You might want to go down and take a look.

remember the factor in the height of the monopod head + height of the camera if u are shooting in landscape mode...

Status
Not open for further replies.