monocrome prison

Status
Not open for further replies.

ykgen

Sep 9, 2004
KL, Penang
it's a window's grille. first time shooting in raw format... very syok! :lovegrin:

13319DSC_0521a.jpg

critique welcome!!!!

can understand ya excitement with RAW...

but the photo does not "speak" to me.... there's a spot of dust on ya CCD too...

juz my 2 cts worth...

cheers

You should never ever reveal what your subject is for an abstract shot until asked to do so. It kills the wonder and curiosity of the subject because the viewer is now comparing his expectation of a window grill vs your creation. Leave the viewer in the dark and you can at least expect them (minds) to explore; switch the light on you leave them with no room to maneuver.

You have a good enough title (monochrome with a 'H'), not a bad shot but can do with some indications of what lies beyond the grills to make it a prison.

foxtwo said:
You should never ever reveal what your subject is for an abstract shot until asked to do so. It kills the wonder and curiosity of the subject because the viewer is now comparing his expectation of a window grill vs your creation. Leave the viewer in the dark and you can at least expect them (minds) to explore; switch the light on you leave them with no room to maneuver.

Good point to take note of. :thumbsup:

ic... now i'm learning

Status
Not open for further replies.