MONO | THAI
Photos by Khairi

Camera: Canon EOS500N
Lens: Sigma Canon mount 18-38mm/f3.5
Film: Kodak 200HD
Editting: PS for tone correction & cropping
Developed & scanned by: Bedok Photo Studio

Credits:
Thanks to Kex (fr CS) for the lovely service of developing and scanning hi-res all my 8 bloody rolls, and also to my friend Vincent for letting me use you wide-angle lens...and lastly, to my wife, for making all shots possible.

cnx24.jpg

Taken at thailand-myanmar northern most border

cnx16.jpg

Taken at Thapae Road, Chiang Mai night market

cnx13.jpg

cnx01.jpg

Taken at Warorot market, near Chang Klan Road

cnx19.jpg

Taken at Thapae Gate, night market

cnx14.jpg

cnx12.jpg

Taken at Chang Klan Road, near Loi Khor Road

cnx11.jpg

Taken at Chang Klan Road, near Loi Khor Road

Say what you like...i'm here to listen.

SniperD said:
wonderful! wonderful! I love them all! :)

the 1st one looks very interesting. what's the lady in the foreground doing? (the one with the hat??)
she was leaving cos the ppl around her do not want to buy anything from her. so she put on her straw hat and left.

Thanks for the credit~!

Nice series of street photos u got here~!

i like the essence of the 3rd photo. A contrast of the rich and the poor... perhaps you could go nearer to the guys on the ground and give them more focus. That's the state of a lot of the Thais in the country. (Don't argue with that, I live there :))

nickmak said:
i like the essence of the 3rd photo. A contrast of the rich and the poor... perhaps you could go nearer to the guys on the ground and give them more focus. That's the state of a lot of the Thais in the country. (Don't argue with that, I live there :))
hmm...yeap...going nearer could give me an alternative...frankly, i was about 1-1.5m from them. I shot using 18mm :D, framed them to the left bottom thirds...and people thought i was shooting other people's back. :D

the 18mm perspective is great! :thumbsup:

keep 'em coming!! :)

zaren said:
the 18mm perspective is great! :thumbsup:

keep 'em coming!! :)
Thks uncle :D

in CS we call it street shots...but when I post these pict to overseas forum, they called it 'photo-journalism' or PJ in short...I know that the difference between street and PJ phtography is very fine, so i guess, people view differently.

Witness said:
cant say which i like better...they make a good series of thai life...
thks Wit.

btw, all shots handheld regardless of light condition...from f16-f3.5...aperture priority.

all the pics were wonderfully taken, each has its own captivating moment. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.