Monitor to Printer colour mismatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murray Smith

May 17, 2004
Tauranga, New Zealand
Can anyone help me please.

I am using Paintshop 7 prior to printing, i believe that would be sRGB, and then printing thru a Brother Laser, which is CYMK. There is oversaturation of reds and greens and much darker overall. Converting to CYMK in Paintshop just crashes the system when I attempt to print.

Thanks in advance

Murray Smith

Murray Smith said:
Can anyone help me please.

I am using Paintshop 7 prior to printing, i believe that would be sRGB, and then printing thru a Brother Laser, which is CYMK. There is oversaturation of reds and greens and much darker overall. Converting to CYMK in Paintshop just crashes the system when I attempt to print.

Thanks in advance

Murray Smith
I believe that printers use the RGB space to print and not necessarily require conversion to CMYK prior to printing.

The important step to note is that your monitor should be "calibrated" either with software and your eyeballs, or with a hardware device. Obviously, hardware will be more accurate.

Also, because of the different mediums (Monitor which is light-emitting, paper which is light-reflecting), images will appear much brighter on the monitor (necessitating an over-compensation on the monitor to make prints which are not too dark)

i believe the problem lies with the laser printer (brother), if he tries to print with paintshop, is there any emulation for the printer in the 1st place, and laser printer as we know is never as good in color reproduction as compared to inkjet photo printer (comparison based on low end laser)

Status
Not open for further replies.