monitor options


Status
Not open for further replies.

sORe-EyEz

Senior Member
Jun 28, 2005
1,572
0
0
SGee
#1
hi all, my CRT monitor is dying. dunno 2 buy new LCD monitor / LCD TV / jus plug 2 CRT TV in living room. :dunno:

my gd frd tried d last option, but d results not tt gd. color v gd but small text hard 2 read, even aft adjusting d font size 2 large. does a hi-end cable help? can save $$, if i jus buy wireless keyboard & mouse! :lovegrin:

opinions any1? :dunno:
 

Taurean

Senior Member
Sep 8, 2005
1,705
0
36
White Elephants Town
#2
Dun know if a better cable helps, my bro's monitor spoilt recently and he use the crt tv as a temp monitor, the text hardly readable. So think crt tv is not a gd choice. :dunno:

:think: Maybe can get a crt monitor if u wanna save $
 

sORe-EyEz

Senior Member
Jun 28, 2005
1,572
0
0
SGee
#3
Taurean said:
Dun know if a better cable helps, my bro's monitor spoilt recently and he use the crt tv as a temp monitor, the text hardly readable. So think crt tv is not a gd choice. :dunno:

:think: Maybe can get a crt monitor if u wanna save $
it b nice 2 use a large screen as a comp monitor... ;p pity d text not readable... :(
 

Ah Pao

Senior Member
Nov 7, 2003
1,662
0
36
Singapore
www.facebook.com
#4
CRT TVs do not have high enough resolution to display computer video properly. Even Powerpoint slides got problem sometimes. Don't even think about using it as a computer monitor.

LCD TV, however, is different, as long as it has a VGA input. Nevertheless, it's an analog input, so it still suffers a bit in quality compared to DVI input.

My advice is just to get an LCD monitor (if you're not too fussy about colour) or get a good CRT monitor.
 

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Senior Member
Feb 15, 2003
16,268
0
0
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
#5
the CRT tvs aren't meant to replace a computer monitor, cos its only about 35* x 25* resolution, even the best about 5** x 3** some boast a 800 x 600, or 1024 x 768, but its still blur, cos the pixels are too big... comparing ratio from monitor to tv. and also, from your pc out, unless have a vga in on the tv, the best is only 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768 to TV with a S-video, and even the best S-video isn't going to help much.

And next is the borders, really annoying borders... lets not go into it... (oh ya, sometimes its not in the centre....)

play game, watch movie nice... dun think about others...
 

Geckorian

New Member
Feb 10, 2004
88
0
0
#6
sORe-EyEz said:
hi all, my CRT monitor is dying. dunno 2 buy new LCD monitor / LCD TV / jus plug 2 CRT TV in living room. :dunno:

my gd frd tried d last option, but d results not tt gd. color v gd but small text hard 2 read, even aft adjusting d font size 2 large. does a hi-end cable help? can save $$, if i jus buy wireless keyboard & mouse! :lovegrin:

opinions any1? :dunno:
Tele resolution too low lah Sorez. IT show coming up in March. Wait till then see got good bargain anot loh ;)
 

sORe-EyEz

Senior Member
Jun 28, 2005
1,572
0
0
SGee
#7
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
the CRT tvs aren't meant to replace a computer monitor, cos its only about 35* x 25* resolution, even the best about 5** x 3** some boast a 800 x 600, or 1024 x 768, but its still blur, cos the pixels are too big... comparing ratio from monitor to tv. and also, from your pc out, unless have a vga in on the tv, the best is only 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768 to TV with a S-video, and even the best S-video isn't going to help much.

And next is the borders, really annoying borders... lets not go into it... (oh ya, sometimes its not in the centre....)

play game, watch movie nice... dun think about others...
looks like i got not much optionz... :(

thanks 4 all ur opinions. :)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom