Monitor calibration

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeckoZ

Jul 17, 2006
Telok Blangah
fotologue.jp
Hi all, we are now editing our photos digitally, monitor calibration is more important then anything else. However, the research I'd done so far only touches on the colour gamut but seldom states about the monitor brightness.

Here, I am refering to the monitor brightness that can be adjustable using the keyboard or knobs on the computer instead of those calibrations done using applications or softwares.

How do you assure that the photos you edited turns out equally as bright on someone eles's computer instead of getting over exposed or under?

Please advise.

i dun think u calibrate so that it looks the same on someone else's monitor. u do it so it looks true during print. there is no way to make sure the picture looks the same on different monitor.

How do you assure that the photos you edited turns out equally as bright on someone eles's computer instead of getting over exposed or under?

You can't. The best you can do is make the images look right on your monitor. And the first step to doing that is to calibrate your monitor.

Hi all, we are now editing our photos digitally, monitor calibration is more important then anything else. However, the research I'd done so far only touches on the colour gamut but seldom states about the monitor brightness.
Here, I am refering to the monitor brightness that can be adjustable using the keyboard or knobs on the computer instead of those calibrations done using applications or softwares.

One of the first steps of any calibration is to set the monitor to a certain brightness. E.g. Spyder2 recommends settings everything to factory default. Other tools may display some test boxes where you adjust brightness so that 4 white boxes appear as such and not uniformly bright (= too bright). It's part of the calibration process.

Status
Not open for further replies.