Monitor calibration-- affects all programs or selective?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priscilia

Deregistered
Jun 20, 2006
Hope the experienced ones can help me here! Thanks.... :lovegrin:

I've calibrated my monitor. After I had done all the necessary adjustments on Photoshop and saved the images, I opened them using Windows XP browser. To my disappointment, the images looked more reddish! (The images are in sRGB.)

I wonder if monitor calibration affects all softwares that are used to open and view images? Or do I have to manually select it? Or am I not doing it rite in Photoshop? :sweat: Is there somewhere in Photoshop where I need to specify the calibration file I'm using?

Thanks a lot... this issue is bugging me... Whaz the point of having nice ly adjusted colours only in Photoshop but when viewed in Windows, the colors looked different right...

Which product did you use to calibrate the monitor?

This information is needed for C'ers to help.

Maybe you took a wrong step when calibrating the screen.:think:

I used Colorvision Spyder.

So mega32, you don't have the problem I'm facing?

The calibration is quite stragithforward i tink? Could it be due to having to select the calibration file somewhere?

hello

i'm using spyder as well. I find that spyder affects everything you see in your computer. For example, when you load your windows, the spyder load screen will appear and it will change the settings alittle(notice a warmer colour on your wallpaper just b4 and after it has loaded).

I am also using the Spyder have never encountered this problem.

Calibration affects all programs not only photoshop.

Does the pictures posted in the Photo Galleries of clubsnap look reddish to you ?

If it does re calibrate the moniter again.

If it does not then it should be a wrong setting in photoshop.

You have to wait for the gurus of photoshop to come in and help.;)

Hope the experienced ones can help me here! Thanks.... :lovegrin:

I've calibrated my monitor. After I had done all the necessary adjustments on Photoshop and saved the images, I opened them using Windows XP browser. To my disappointment, the images looked more reddish! (The images are in sRGB.)

I wonder if monitor calibration affects all softwares that are used to open and view images? Or do I have to manually select it? Or am I not doing it rite in Photoshop? :sweat: Is there somewhere in Photoshop where I need to specify the calibration file I'm using?

Thanks a lot... this issue is bugging me... Whaz the point of having nice ly adjusted colours only in Photoshop but when viewed in Windows, the colors looked different right...

IIRC, winXP pic viewer and IE are both not colour-profile sensitive - ie. calibration settings do not affect them. i think Mac/Safari are.

I still using nikon viewer to view images, the output is same as seen in photoshop, Windows XP browser is not accurate.

I still using nikon viewer to view images, the output is same as seen in photoshop, Windows XP browser is not accurate.

I kind of agree with this ..But frankly I don't really know why. I tried open my photo with ACDsee, PhotoShop, ZbEx, and Window Picture and Fax Viewer to compare. My photos taken by Canon Camera also lost colour saturation in MS product. I think for Photoshop and ZbEx are the best. I kind of wonder why my ACDsee not as good as Photoshop and ZbEx.

I kind of agree with this ..But frankly I don't really know why. I tried open my photo with ACDsee, PhotoShop, ZbEx, and Window Picture and Fax Viewer to compare. My photos taken by Canon Camera also lost colour saturation in MS product. I think for Photoshop and ZbEx are the best. I kind of wonder why my ACDsee not as good as Photoshop and ZbEx.

ACDsee not good in terms of?
Im also using Spyder 2 colorvision for my monitor calibration..

ACDsee not good in terms of?
Im also using Spyder 2 colorvision for my monitor calibration..

Hi dualies,

In my case, the ACDSee lost the colour saturation. Speacially Red.I don't know why. I am using ACDSee 3.1.
Colour in ZbEx looks the best (much more than I expect..:))

Regards,

Thanks everyone for your sharing.

IIRC, winXP pic viewer and IE are both not colour-profile sensitive - ie. calibration settings do not affect them. i think Mac/Safari are.

If this is true, then it's disappointing and surprising. :( I was hoping to do some quick slide presentation with Win XP. To my disappointment, most of my images came with slight reddish colour cast. I remember calibrating my monitor correctly and the images appear superb in photoshop.

Also, whenever I first turn on my monitor, my desktop wallpaper looks good, but after a short while as the computer loads in all the programs, the image changes to something duller, and colours change slightly.

So it looks like I got to use better 3rd party softwares with slide presentations that accept monitor profiles?

Thanks.... Nikon Viewer can be downloaded from its website?

Thanks catchlight. :lovegrin:

I also hope to find one that can have both slide shows and video presentation. That will be best cos I have both. Think I read somewhere some recommend ProShow.... Will check it out too.

Hi dualies,

In my case, the ACDSee lost the colour saturation. Speacially Red.I don't know why. I am using ACDSee 3.1.
Colour in ZbEx looks the best (much more than I expect..:))

Regards,

Halo,

Im not too sure about that. at the moment, im using version 9.0 though.
Pictures in PS and ACDsee has different saturation though..that puzzles me..

I tried this software a couple of times.. dont like it. dont know why. maybe the GUI looks too "free"
lol

For working on photos, I use Photo Mechanic. For general viewing, I just use the Filmstrip in Windows Browser. I find the Adobe Bridge to be rather slow and resource intensive.

I calibrate my monitor with Spyder2 Pro. Views from all programs appear to be consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.