Not open for further replies.

snipershot

Nov 2, 2006
Pasir Ris
took this shot at home.
CNC please.

1.Money Plant
IMG_0129.jpg

U need technical help or you need compostion help?

From this pic, its a total mess, try to work on 1 thing at a time. Tis is nothing more than a snapshot to test your camera.

Critique section is not a help section. If you think that tis IS the best you could do, then you post here for comments, no point we advice on something that you have already read over the past pages and rewrite again.

Do take another shot about money plant and post again. This time just the money plant.

after thinking for a while... heck... i haven have my breakfast & lunch yet... ah...

Anyway, take note of the background... it doesn't flatter the image... and its a major distraction of colors that merge with the subject aka money plant.

Money plant, your biggest mistake is i dun even know its a money plant until u write in topic title as money plant, try to show distinctive traits of a money plant instead of just a snapshot of a plant. besides that, you only show the top portion of the plant, when illustrating an object, if you only show 1 part of it, its either that part is an distinctive part, or u take the whole to show the entire item.

next, your composition, you have taken the bottle, then u show it in a way its more to 1 side, without letting the viewer know y is it skewed to 1 side, which suggest that this shot is a point & shoot shot.

There is still alot of things i could suggest, but it will take almost another day to write. So i suggest you take another shot. Without the distracting background. Without the whole bottle. Else its still going to be another snapshot... Plan, Think & then Shoot.

after thinking for a while... heck... i haven have my breakfast & lunch yet... ah...

Hehehe... thought through your earlier reply, eh?

Anyway, I wholly agree. I can give you one tip. After shooting your photos, sit down and take a good look at them, one by one. I do this to a lot of my photos and I ask myself the following questions:

1. How is the composition? Is it pleasing to look at? At first glance, what does my eye see? The object in focus, or something else that's distracting?

2. How can I improve the photo? Digitally edit out unwanted portions to make it less cluttered? Was it my angle of the shot, or was the photo limited by the lens that I was using?

Hope I'm of some help.

Anyway, I wholly agree. I can give you one tip. After shooting your photos, sit down and take a good look at them, one by one. I do this to a lot of my photos and I ask myself the following questions:

1. How is the composition? Is it pleasing to look at? At first glance, what does my eye see? The object in focus, or something else that's distracting?

2. How can I improve the photo? Digitally edit out unwanted portions to make it less cluttered? Was it my angle of the shot, or was the photo limited by the lens that I was using?

Hope I'm of some help.

yup, thought thru it... dun wanna start another 16 page war... alot of ppl waiting to pin me down... truth hurts. honesty denied.

Good shot for a beginner :thumbsup:
Try again next time.

Cheers,

Just a snapshot

just a snap shot of a glass jar with money plant being placed in a very dangerous position. if this falls downstairs.....:sweat:

Anyway, take note of the background... it doesn't flatter the image... and its a major distraction of colors that merge with the subject aka money plant.

Money plant, your biggest mistake is i dun even know its a money plant until u write in topic title as money plant, try to show distinctive traits of a money plant instead of just a snapshot of a plant. besides that, you only show the top portion of the plant, when illustrating an object, if you only show 1 part of it, its either that part is an distinctive part, or u take the whole to show the entire item.

next, your composition, you have taken the bottle, then u show it in a way its more to 1 side, without letting the viewer know y is it skewed to 1 side, which suggest that this shot is a point & shoot shot.

There is still alot of things i could suggest, but it will take almost another day to write. So i suggest you take another shot. Without the distracting background. Without the whole bottle. Else its still going to be another snapshot... Plan, Think & then Shoot.

Roger. I will take note of your advices.:)

Hope I'm of some help.

thank you for CNC too. Your tips will sure come in useful!

Status
Not open for further replies.