Money order?

Status
Not open for further replies.

afbug

Aug 19, 2004
Planet SG™
I wish to buy some stuff from overseas and require money order to pay.

How do i get moeny order? From post office rite? What info do i need to provide or bring along? 1st time use money order. :embrass:

afbug said:
I wish to buy some stuff from overseas and require money order to pay.

How do i get moeny order? From post office rite? What info do i need to provide or bring along? 1st time use money order. :embrass:

I think bring money and your NRIC can liao :)

Nisa said:
I think bring money and your NRIC can liao :)

Is it like travellers checks? Do i need the seller's name? What i go there with my money, they tell me i need something else, bang balls. :bsmilie:

Dont forget the correct address of the receiver.

Money orders from Post office doesn't go to Bangladesh, China, Canada, Brunei, India, Indonesia, Japan Malaysia Pakistan, Phillipines Poland Korea South Africa, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam.

you would need to bring NRIC, Other PArty's address and full name and money.

Other areas, International bank drafts are for Australia, Canada, Great Britain UK, Europe, Japan, NEw Zealand and US.

you would need to bring NRIC, Other PArty's address and bank account and full name and money.

Nisa said:
Money orders from Post office doesn't go to Bangladesh, China, Canada, Brunei, India, Indonesia, Japan Malaysia Pakistan, Phillipines Poland Korea South Africa, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam.

Other areas, International bank drafts are for Australia, Canada, Great Britain UK, Europe, Japan, NEw Zealand and US.

you would need to bring NRIC, Other PArty's address and bank account and full name and money.

Wow thanks for the info. The seller is in UK, so i guess money order will be alright? No need for international bank drafts?

Nisa said:

bank draft - no need the other party's bank account # ;)

Any extra charges for money orders?

afbug said:
Wow thanks for the info. The seller is in UK, so i guess money order will be alright? No need for international bank drafts?

yeah no need international bank draft.

sorry i don't know what are the charges.
I think should be less than 50 bucks? :dunno:

Man 50 bucks is a lot! :eek: Anyone with experience?

I think the admin charges are S$30, or there abouts for money order. flat fee!

boonn said:
I think the admin charges are S$30, or there abouts for money order. flat fee!

Thanks. Thats still quite a fair bit. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.