Money changer with best rates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vii_haven

Dec 12, 2004
I'll be leaving to aust soon for a trip. Was wondering if anyone has any money changers to recommend. Someone with good rates.

i usually change at Change Alley.. pls go 2nd floor... 1st floor one chop your head off somewhat.... try to go further down. somewhere opposite the POSB bank that one.. try to ask 1st..

another one i realised has good rate is the one at suntec... opposite Giordano i think. good luck and have a good trip :)

i usually change at Change Alley.. pls go 2nd floor... 1st floor one chop your head off somewhat.... try to go further down. somewhere opposite the POSB bank that one.. try to ask 1st..

another one i realised has good rate is the one at suntec... opposite Giordano i think. good luck and have a good trip :)

this seems good..

cos most of the time, see alot of pple queueing ... ;)

I heard Mustafa has the best rates in Singapore.

If you r just changing a few hundreds dollar, u will get a couple of dollars more only.

Minus off the transportation charges to go all the way there. :think:

I heard Mustafa has the best rates in Singapore.

Mustafa has the best rates for Rupees. They take in Rupees from Indian tourists... and offload to people who want to go back to India... so naturally, they have the best rates. But I don't know about other currencies.

Usually, Change Alley is good... because you can shop around. Their rates differ depending on what they buy in at. You can also bargain if you buy enough. So, you get reasonably good rates.

How about the money changer inside changi airport duty free?

There is the suntec city changer located near Cocoa Tree shop..I think they have got decent rates and are professional..

How about the money changer inside changi airport duty free?

The rates at Changi Airport are not good at all. We checked both the counters in and outside duty free. Best deal is not over there. Another tip, try not to change in the weekends, do it from Monday to Friday. The exchange rate is worse on weekends, the money changers increase the rates just in case the market opens on Monday with bad exchange rates.

Best
Wes

I second this. Changed SG$ to HK$ back then and found that the shop opposite POSB branch in Change Alley offered the best rate.

:Later,

I usually change at Suntec city, the one near Giordano.

Walked past the 2nd sty one near Carefour to check rates, the lady kept scratching her head constantly till scalp reddish......(walked faster away)

Status
Not open for further replies.