Moments of Others

glacier68

Mar 9, 2010
4524928792_31d450dd80.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Everything you can throw at me.

2.what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
Lady being beautiful in our walk of lives.

3.under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Traffic light along orchard road.

Exposure: 1/4000 sec
Aperture: f/1.8
Focal Length: 85 mm
ISO Speed: 800

4.what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
Pretty good take? Photogenic lady?

the pic makes me feel and think that you are a stalker.

the pic makes me feel and think that you are a stalker.

Hmm. Thanks for the critique but would appreciate if its more constructive.

Tree sticking out of the top heads should be avoided.

Does the lady have severe crow's eyes? :think:

Seeing that this is a candid shot and probably not known to the subject, it's actually good, and the smile captured is pure. This is a moment unnoticed for that person and for anyone, but perfectly frozen by your shot.

If you saw the tree before taking the shot, you would've taken a different angle to get rid of the tree BUT that would make you lose the shot. Same if you moved the tree first and told the girl to hold still while you do it so you could take the shot. Comments need to be appropriate for the situation in which the shot was taken and what type of shot it is.

Tree sticking out of the top heads should be avoided.

Does the lady have severe crow's eyes? :think:

yeah... looks like there's something out of her head. otherwise, it's quite nice actually..

Pretty awesome. You guys got some good analysis on the photo. Didn't notice the tree factor in the photo till it was brought up. Thanks for the critique!

Seeing that this is a candid shot and probably not known to the subject, it's actually good, and the smile captured is pure. This is a moment unnoticed for that person and for anyone, but perfectly frozen by your shot.

If you saw the tree before taking the shot, you would've taken a different angle to get rid of the tree BUT that would make you lose the shot. Same if you moved the tree first and told the girl to hold still while you do it so you could take the shot. Comments need to be appropriate for the situation in which the shot was taken and what type of shot it is.

Appreciate your critique alot :) It was a candid shot during a halt at the traffic light and was chatting with my friend, at the instance when her face caught my eye among the crowd i took up my dslr and snapped it. Dind't notice the tree at all. :bsmilie:

she's pretty, no wonder she caught your eyes. =)

btw, I prefer if there are less elements in the foreground. somehow it's too distracting. Btw, it bokeh photoshopped?

hmm. i like this style leh oddly. its like. among the whole crowd of emo ppl, there is one xmm who is smiling sweetly. aint it nice?

I share the same sentiments as allenleonhart. Don't know how to put it, but the way the other faces appear in the photo seems to help to accentuate her looks, and draw our eyes to her. The other people's faces actually create the aesthetic contrast, and makes her stand out.

she's pretty, no wonder she caught your eyes. =)

btw, I prefer if there are less elements in the foreground. somehow it's too distracting. Btw, it bokeh photoshopped?

The bokeh effect is what i gotten out from my shot itself. So yeap :)

hmm. i like this style leh oddly. its like. among the whole crowd of emo ppl, there is one xmm who is smiling sweetly. aint it nice?

Sweet. Thanks uh!

I share the same sentiments as allenleonhart. Don't know how to put it, but the way the other faces appear in the photo seems to help to accentuate her looks, and draw our eyes to her. The other people's faces actually create the aesthetic contrast, and makes her stand out.

:sweatsm: Thanks!

hi glacier, i think it was a great candid capture.

i just think a tigher crop may be nicer. if you dont mind, i have cropped it such that the faces still create a frame around your subject without getting too distracted by them.

that oof thing in the bottom right corner is a problem. you can ease it on a little by adding vignetting selectively there. :)

shot wise, this is a great candid shot, a nice moment where a little joy goes a long way. HCB talked about the "decisive moment", and this counts as one. i would not be too sensitive and label this as a "stalkerish" shot. stalkerish involves you following the subject around and taking various shots of her in the area.

i do wish to add that if you do end up shooting nothing but females in the course of your street shooting escapades though, then something is seriously wrong deep inside. certainly it is a healthier way than usual to.. release your pent up emotions in the form of photography, but i would be very careful about showing everyone proudly that all you have shot are females.. ;)

not bad. can't expect much from candid shots. you dun haf time to think, you can only react. the outcome isn't too bad.