Mollers who give excuses ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonfan

Deregistered
Sep 25, 2007
Singapore
Just wondering, to all those photogs who engage in private shoots ....

How often do you get models who initially promise a shoot of some kind, only to cancel or postpone with some reason, eg "I don't do bikini anymore, or I'm sick ...."

Then you check the group shoots and there they are, doing bikini or shooting when they "not well" ...

Just wondering if this is common ....

Quite common, here are the common excuses being used:

1. Woke up with sore eyes today.
2. Forgot to set timer
3. SIck
4. Eyes puffy.

Etc.

Most try to use excuses whcih make them seem not at fault; such as sore eyes and the like; cos they know that no photographer wnats to take a model with sore eyes anyway; hence they get off the hook easily; whether or not sore eyes is true.

haha .....
because of their youth and inexperienced, these newbies sometimes get "coldfeet" ....:dunno:

also, sometimes because you were the first to offer your services, they committed to you , and later more offers came by and they realised that they could get better deals than yours, and without any professional consideration, they will think of an excuse ....:think:

but let's be fair, even some photographers do that .... :nono:

I agree ..

But it's quite irritating cos it's dificult to find last min replacements ... and you end up shooting nothing .... frus ...

Yes yes, I know some people will say go shoot insects or birds, they don't give silly excuses ....... haha

Just wanted to vent my frustrations and see how common this prob was ...

All the time.

What about this excuse, auntie/uncle/family member is sick. duh! People get sick all the time, people die all the time. The world continues to move with or without.

Another favorite one is boy friend don't allow anymore. duh!

hmmm, I don't do TFCD anymore. duh!

Promises are cheap.

That is one reason why I prefer models I worked with before.

Last edited:
I agree ..

But it's quite irritating cos it's dificult to find last min replacements ... and you end up shooting nothing .... frus ...

Yes yes, I know some people will say go shoot insects or birds, they don't give silly excuses ....... haha

Just wanted to vent my frustrations and see how common this prob was ...
actually it is good if we could name those guilty models here ... :think:

like DP, I have given up all those TFCD and those 1 2 1 shoot ..... too much anxiety.... rather pay to shoot with a group :sweatsm::bsmilie:

I thinking naming is always good, but some "protective" people will scold others who try to name their "beloved models".

I am rather straight forward and direct. I rather the model tells me, " ... I screwed up, partied too late last night, please accept my apologies ... "

... or "... I am not comportable/interested in this theme anymore, I like to not do it ..."

The truth is simpliest.

One model gave me all sort of excuses about work is too busy, big project looming, going to be pulling 24/7 next 6 months ... 2 things, I know another photographer who is still working with her, and I know someone in her same company ... what BS. If she does not want to work with me, just let me know. There are models out there, more than she could imagine.

I thinking naming is always good, but some "protective" people will scold others who try to name their "beloved models".

That is the problem. Beloved.

DP : You're soooo right !!!

Boyfriend don't allow anymore !!!!

I find there is no point naming them, at least not publicly ...

There will always be brothers who are sympathetic to them ... don't know if it's cos they are SYTs or if some brothers hope to score points with them in their future shoots .... whatever ...

A case in point was the recent model O who despite her actions, had her fair share of supporters, so there really is no point ...

I guess I will stick to the more established models for the time being, and avoid the relative newbies ....

Hehe

Perhaps we can set up some kind of mechanism where the .... reliable models names are traded amongst certain brothers only ... some sort of informal list ...

Yup, I was thinking of Olivia when I was writing my earlier post :)

Nothing wrong with naming though; I don't see why we have to handle irresponsibility with kids' gloves.

DP : You're soooo right !!!

Boyfriend don't allow anymore !!!!

I find there is no point naming them, at least not publicly ...

There will always be brothers who are sympathetic to them ... don't know if it's cos they are SYTs or if some brothers hope to score points with them in their future shoots .... whatever ...

A case in point was the recent model O who despite her actions, had her fair share of supporters, so there really is no point ...

I guess I will stick to the more established models for the time being, and avoid the relative newbies ....

Hehe

Yup, I was thinking of Olivia when I was writing my earlier post :)

Nothing wrong with naming though; I don't see why we have to handle irresponsibility with kids' gloves.

Agreed. Our inaction has infact become an endorsement for such irresponsible behavior.

That's the problem with some forums.

There's little or no sense of cultivating an atmosphere of accountability. One main suffering area seems to be the classifieds, but at least people are slowly coming forward to name names and state what happened to them. It's slow, but it's a start at least.

I wonder if CS can ever get to the point where a man's (or woman's) word is honor?

It all depends on the paradigms set, and the people to help cultivate.

Agreed, some shy at naming for all sorts of reasons. If you have the guts to put out the incident, name the person. If you dont name the person, it only shows you are not sure of yourself, or are afraid the person will come in and reveal some skeleton in your closet :)

That's the problem with some forums.

There's little or no sense of cultivating an atmosphere of accountability. One main suffering area seems to be the classifieds, but at least people are slowly coming forward to name names and state what happened to them. It's slow, but it's a start at least.

I wonder if CS can ever get to the point where a man's (or woman's) word is honor?

It all depends on the paradigms set, and the people to help cultivate.

It's unlikely we will ever reach this stage ...

This will only work if everyone collectively acts on it, and "boycott" the offenders, but as has been shown, some will be protective, some will hope to gain compassion points and whatnot ...

It's just like the Newton Circus fiasco, with the bad publicity, comes the people who are thumbs up for the place, so where is the incentive to behave ??

Sometimes I also wonder if some of the photogs ever forget, at the end of the day, to some of the models, it's a business transaction, and while you may try to "protect" them, thinking you are real chums with them, to them it's all about the fast cash ... I'm NOT saying ALL models here are like that, but looking at the trends, many of the newer ones seem to be financially motivated .... So when you protect them, are you doing every other photog a favour in the long run ?

Tha fact is as long as everyone is human, everyone will have skeletons in some closet. It all depends on whose skeletons are hiding in whose closets! :bsmilie:

Seriously, I know of a self-run and also policed US special interest forum where the reputation of 'upholding honor' in the classifieds is one of their biggest prides. So much so that when a total stranger, from Germany got scammed by US seller over e-bay, said German enthuisiast asked for help on US forum. The mods and members there galvanised into action and fast-forward, scammer was 'compelled' to return money to the scammed two months later.

Agreed, some shy at naming for all sorts of reasons. If you have the guts to put out the incident, name the person. If you dont name the person, it only shows you are not sure of yourself, or are afraid the person will come in and reveal some skeleton in your closet :)

Hi Vince,

Haha just to clarify, the shoot was for tomorrow, and moller informed me 2 days in advance ( yesterday) so I can't say it's last minute, and I can't say it's a no-show ... but it still is a hassle to get a replacement ...

I'm just peeved that moller says not well in the morning, can't shoot Sat .. yet turned up for another group shoot that very same evening ....

Simon: Well, to me it doesn't matter that there are others trying to "protect". If its bad, I'll say it like it is and ensure everyone knows about it :) They can try to protect, we will continue to name and shame.

Actually I wasn't specifically targetting you in my comment, but its good that you also put out another side of the story. That said, if the model went for another shoot, then it is totally her fault. Why not name her? :)

Hi Vince,

Haha just to clarify, the shoot was for tomorrow, and moller informed me 2 days in advance ( yesterday) so I can't say it's last minute, and I can't say it's a no-show ... but it still is a hassle to get a replacement ...

I'm just peeved that moller says not well in the morning, can't shoot Sat .. yet turned up for another group shoot that very same evening ....

Status
Not open for further replies.