Moisture inside lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kikasa

Jun 12, 2009
Tampines
Hi all, quite a newbie in photography wanna seek advise here. I bought a SAL50F18 fixed focal lens from sony style last weekend and did not brought it out for any shooting at all. Immediately after reaching home, i placed it inside the dry cabinet. But when i bought a uv filter yesterday to be screw onto the lens when i realised there is a patch of white spot while looks like water inside the lens. Did a check after buying, was quite satisfied with the product before i left the shop.

so i really need advice on what should i do? If i should bring this lens to sony service center, will they fulfilled the warranty?

Really desperate as on what to do next. Need advice.. Thanks.

Hi all, quite a newbie in photography wanna seek advise here. I bought a SAL50F18 fixed focal lens from sony style last weekend and did not brought it out for any shooting at all. Immediately after reaching home, i placed it inside the dry cabinet. But when i bought a uv filter yesterday to be screw onto the lens when i realised there is a patch of white spot while looks like water inside the lens. Did a check after buying, was quite satisfied with the product before i left the shop.

so i really need advice on what should i do? If i should bring this lens to sony service center, will they fulfilled the warranty?

Really desperate as on what to do next. Need advice.. Thanks.

u could use a hair dryer gently on low speed n blow at some distance into the lens to try to clear the water.

hope it helps

Does the moisture move around if you gently shake the lens?

1 week old, I would ask for a replacement set. If out of warranty I would try to clear it.

Does the moisture move around if you gently shake the lens?

1 week old, I would ask for a replacement set. If out of warranty I would try to clear it.

it's not moving around.... but it does looks like water drops and a patch of white spot which looks like evaporated water mist. i want to go down to sony service center but then i just got this feeling that they will reject my case for a replacement as they can deemed this as user error.

u could use a hair dryer gently on low speed n blow at some distance into the lens to try to clear the water.

hope it helps

hi thanks for your reply. will try this when i gets home today.

within one week of purchase, i would bring it back for a 1-2-1 replacement and make a big fuss if the reject the replacement. If you did not even use the lens and this "moisture" appeared by itself, stand for your rights and ask for replacement.

First time i heard of ppl getting new lens from the shop (official sonystyle somemore) with moisture in it...

even if a hair dryer method may work, i will still ask for replacement. You do not know if corrosion has already started in the metal/electronics within the lens due to the moisture...

hi thanks for your reply. will try this when i gets home today.

if is really INSIDE the lens, there is no way of reaching it from outside, don't do this if you have not try it before, you might scratch the lens.

try take a shot of the lens with the "spot" and post it here, or else just bring it to service center to verify what is that.

within one week of purchase, i would bring it back for a 1-2-1 replacement and make a big fuss if the reject the replacement. If you did not even use the lens and this "moisture" appeared by itself, stand for your rights and ask for replacement.

First time i heard of ppl getting new lens from the shop (official sonystyle somemore) with moisture in it...

even if a hair dryer method may work, i will still ask for replacement. You do not know if corrosion has already started in the metal/electronics within the lens due to the moisture...

i was thinking of doing this.... what you say is also quite true, will bring down to service center first to see what they advise me to do.

if is really INSIDE the lens, there is no way of reaching it from outside, don't do this if you have not try it before, you might scratch the lens.

try take a shot of the lens with the "spot" and post it here, or else just bring it to service center to verify what is that.

it's inside the lens.... tried to "wipe off" with a lens cloth but to no avail. will take a picture tonight and post it here.

it's inside the lens.... tried to "wipe off" with a lens cloth but to no avail. will take a picture tonight and post it here.
use common sense lar, how to clean the glass window from inside the house without opening the window, but the dirty part is at the other side of window?

either you open up the lens, or leave it at it is, or look for professionals to clear it for you.

use common sense lar, how to clean the glass window from inside the house without opening the window, but the dirty part is at the other side of window?

either you open up the lens, or leave it at it is, or look for professionals to clear it for you.

i'm not going to open up the lens.... since it's only 3 days old now, i'm going bring down to service center tmr and see how they advise me.

it's not moving around.... but it does looks like water drops and a patch of white spot which looks like evaporated water mist. i want to go down to sony service center but then i just got this feeling that they will reject my case for a replacement as they can deemed this as user error.

Sounds like early fungus growth, or some serious condensation issues. Lens needs replacement period.

They can't reject your case if you did nothing wrong!

Sounds like early fungus growth, or some serious condensation issues. Lens needs replacement period.

They can't reject your case if you did nothing wrong!

serious ah?

haiz.... going to bring down tmr or something. i did even brought this lens out for any shoot yet and it gives me this problem. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.