Mohd Sultan: Deserted morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_jason

Jul 22, 2003
Singapore
www.pbase.com
How many of us get to see Mohd Sultan in the day, when there are no crowds outside or vehicles zooming past....

1/800s f/8.0 at 17.0mm iso800, Cir-Pol.
30088181.jpg

1/1000s f/8.0 at 17.0mm iso800, Cir-Pol.
30088183.jpg

Comments welcome. :p

just my 2 cents and i'm sure you would like some critics.

To me it lacks focus / spice and punch! know what i mean?

Shot with intention to capture blue skies.

But realising how empty the place was, decided to frame the second shot the way I did to get across a feeling of isolation and desertion, from a place usually crawling with traffic and people.

Thanks for the comments.

might wanna try lying flat on the road and getting a low angle for shot #2...
...it subconsciously indicates to the viewer that there's really no cars, nor cars to come :D

Was actually a mistake shooting at ISO800. Forgot to check and change. Was shooting indoors prior to this.... :embrass:

mr_jason said:
Was actually a mistake shooting at ISO800. Forgot to check and change. Was shooting indoors prior to this.... :embrass:

Could see noise in the photos. I like your first shot with the road down the street. Modern building on one side, old ones on the other. Only if it was wider, more light on the modern buildings, and perhaps a panoramic crop, it would have been better.

Cheers!

mr_jason said:
Something like this?

1/2000s f/8.0 at 17.0mm iso800
30088182.jpg

Think i like the effect better, like im 2 feet tall. U tried using a ND to darken the triangle of sky in between and expose normally for the foreground?

UY79 said:
Could see noise in the photos. I like your first shot with the road down the street. Modern building on one side, old ones on the other. Only if it was wider, more light on the modern buildings, and perhaps a panoramic crop, it would have been better.

I'd have like to have gone a little wider also, but already widest at 17mm on DSLR body.

xdivider said:
Think i like the effect better, like im 2 feet tall. U tried using a ND to darken the triangle of sky in between and expose normally for the foreground?

Was trying out newly bought Circular Polariser.

mr_jason said:
How many of us get to see Mohd Sultan in the day, when there are no crowds outside or vehicles zooming past....

1/800s f/8.0 at 17.0mm iso800, Cir-Pol.
30088181.jpg

1/1000s f/8.0 at 17.0mm iso800, Cir-Pol.
30088183.jpg

Comments welcome. :p

second pic seems abit dark... other than the sky... :)

Jazer said:
just my 2 cents and i'm sure you would like some critics.

To me it lacks focus / spice and punch! know what i mean?

I think that what he is trying to portray :) ....emptiness... 2nd pic is dark... ;)

chinaik said:
I think that what he is trying to portray :) ....emptiness... 2nd pic is dark... ;)

That's exactly the effect I wanted for the second shot chinaik. The darkness brings out the lonliness in the scene. And the white clouds underexposed look grey and depressing. The scene was exposed for the road.

ic...hmm...wonder if stripping of its colour would make it even more lonely?

Status
Not open for further replies.