Modile studio set up cost.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

studiolabmaster

Mar 15, 2004
Tampines SG
Hi all, anyone here doing mobile studio setup outdoor for events.
What is your rate to command for the below list?
4 hours of studio photo service
2 studio lighting
1 big backdrop
1 laptop
1 digital artist [to insert of the photos to the layout and printing].
1 high end printer [cost about $5000 , not injet but dye sub printer]
per 2r print about $0.20
1 assistant to run around to pass all the photos to the client in a dinner & dance
600 pcs of 2r with company logo and texts [which photo shop is much required]
live projection of images on the screen

whas your rate for this project if u r me?
I quoted $1200 but was declined ,too expensive;others quoted $800 got the job.been doing this kind of jobs for years.................price is getting lower and lower now.damm price war again in SINGAPORE,isn't there ethics..........:sweat:

what price would u quote?

need to go back to the most fundamental thing,

do you intend to make a profit from this job?

put 3 men on this job,
4 hours non stop working,
$6000 camera and lens
$5000 printer
$3000 studio light set up
$2000 computer set up
$1000 photoshop software
$400 backdrop set up

just let go this job and let other quote $800 to earn their profit lar

$800 is a crazy price for this amount of service. Those who do the job for that must go home at the end of the night, having paid their assistants and cry themselves to sleep - so much work for so little return. No way you can sustain for long I think.

I think 800 can barely (if even) scrape through a basic mobile studio setup (without the high end printer, without the on-demand Photoshoppinp)

800 is too low for this kind of work. I think the fella enjoys working long hours and getting paid peanuts.

I think i know who quoted $800. Well, they are cheap and they will always be cheap, pesants will be pesants.. just let thme be, no loss... if you did the job, it will be a loss... :bsmilie:

2 studio lighting
1 big backdrop
1 laptop
per 2r print about $0.20
1 assistant to run around to pass all the photos to the client in a dinner & dance

I quoted $1200 but was declined ,too expensive;others quoted $800 got the job.been doing this kind of jobs for years.................price is getting lower and lower now.damm price war again in SINGAPORE,isn't there ethics..........:sweat:

with what you just mentioned... photography DI framing blah blah blah...

cheap la.... $10 only

per photo i mean

heheh any thing less ... they go fly kite

:)
best regards

By the way, does anyone happen to have a sample photogrpah of a mobile studio setup? Just need the backgrounds, and some softbox in the picture can liao.

I need it for a presentation but its too time consuming to set up mine just for it :)

ya law,too many cheap rates which had actually made me turn from a full time to a freelance.i can earn better doing some ohter thigs.
thats why was thinking of combine effort that i had an old thread wanted to combine all the photographers to had this business made more profitable.
But was een bombard by lots of worried people.
singapore market are forever undercutting..............no standard.europe had the kind of best attitude.....free market.price more or less similar [ not much of price war].
singapore sad:cry:

i guess price is the evergreen question to any industry ... isnt it? whoever that quoted 800 prolly cant do his maths or has a brilliant business plan which every one wont understand.

800 divided by 600 = Sgd$1.333 per photo.

if all the cost of revenue is not controlled at 30% of Sgd$1.333. yo uare making a loss

so 30% of 1.333 is about 0.39 cents.
is it possible to squeeze all the cost of the set up and work into this amount? most freelancers have a mis interpretation of what profit is.... profit is not the money you take home for your service minus the cost of setup.... PROFIT IS the money you take home minus your cost for service and cost for all the setup.

logic tells us that he is using a home made pinhole camera with 2 torch light set up..... and a dotmatrix printer

Or!!!! he has a huge net work of such events going on and the sheer economy of size is able to absorb the losses and reinvent the turnover!!!!!!!

this guy is brilliant i think so...
photographers needs to know maths and physics to take great photos
:)

hmmmm

why not set up a team of CAPE CRUSADERS photographers ... hehe

go out and take jobs from cheap clients ... lets fug em all up .. and teach them a memorable leson to pay cheap.... hahahahs

food for thoughts.....

this post is not meant for the feint hearted to read and children should not try this out at home...............

:D

hmmmm

why not set up a team of CAPE CRUSADERS photographers ... hehe

go out and take jobs from cheap clients ... lets fug em all up .. and teach them a memorable leson to pay cheap.... hahahahs

food for thoughts.....

this post is not meant for the feint hearted to read and children should not try this out at home...............

leilong... cheap goods for cheap clients :sweatsm:

from experience...it takes 1 person to shoot
3 to edit and print....so u need 3 printers too...

and that only churns out 200 shots in 2 hours.....then there's the administration about people getting the right images and tagging them....

tt's about 5 people already....

from experience...it takes 1 person to shoot
3 to edit and print....so u need 3 printers too...

and that only churns out 200 shots in 2 hours.....then there's the administration about people getting the right images and tagging them....

tt's about 5 people already....

that means 1min 47seconds per photo.... i think HP has a 24 sec dude... (pardon my bad math) haha

thanks

that means 1min 47seconds per photo.... i think HP has a 24 sec dude... (pardon my bad math) haha

thanks

Oh is it, go and try printing 200 pic using HP and see whether you can get 24sec per print!!!

:D :D :D

I am not sure who is this person that quoted $800 but just for everybody's info, event photography or mobile studio shoots can be done at a very low rate or even free in some cases. The whole idea is to generate more business in the photography studio later on when customers are asked to go to the shop to collect their photos. It is nothing new and has been on going for a number of years already in Singapore. Indeed, by undercutting the market prices, it is just a matter of bleeding one another to death in time to come.

In this case, the photos are printed on the spot.

I am not sure who is this person that quoted $800 but just for everybody's info, event photography or mobile studio shoots can be done at a very low rate or even free in some cases. The whole idea is to generate more business in the photography studio later on when customers are asked to go to the shop to collect their photos. It is nothing new and has been on going for a number of years already in Singapore. Indeed, by undercutting the market prices, it is just a matter of bleeding one another to death in time to come.

2 studio lighting
1 big backdrop
1 laptop
per 2r print about $0.20

$800 must be the media company's quotation.. because i've seen media company giving companies a $350 or $400 photographer for their DnD. and come with 200 4R prints.

videographer @ $500

correct me if i am wrong, but usually the 200 prints are given after the event right? In this case its on the spot. I know of a few people doing this and for one group... i have to take my hats off how they can make any money from all this... hahaha... like this job for eg...

$800 must be the media company's quotation.. because i've seen media company giving companies a $350 or $400 photographer for their DnD. and come with 200 4R prints.

videographer @ $500

these are usually done by big nedia company that can afford the equipment for he amount of time. which in some case. they go down as low as $500 for a event .. with print somemore.. looking thru some of it again..

Status
Not open for further replies.