Modern Forest building@SG

andysim65

Apr 8, 2010
7774867146_e451252aa0_b.jpg
[/url] Mbs Cdb area by andysim65, on Flickr[/IMG]

1. In what area is critique to be sought?
Any form of critique & comment.

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
To improve my landscape skill by listening to the expert comment.

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken?(physical conditions/emotions)
Taken around 7pm using D800 16-35mm lens with ND6+GND 0.9 , ISO100 19mm F16mm 25sec.

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture?
Is the picture too cramp on the left side, making it look unbalance.Does it look underexposed and too blue in colour.
Thanks everyone in advance.

Excellent shot, you've filled the frame and placed the horizon such that everything looks balanced. The colors do not look funny or unnatural and the image sharpness is good enough to see lots of details in the buildings. If I had any suggestions it would be perhaps to zoom out slightly further so as to include more of Fullerton on the right, the pier on the left and also that last building on the left would not touch the edges of the photo.

Excellent shot, you've filled the frame and placed the horizon such that everything looks balanced. The colors do not look funny or unnatural and the image sharpness is good enough to see lots of details in the buildings. If I had any suggestions it would be perhaps to zoom out slightly further so as to include more of Fullerton on the right, the pier on the left and also that last building on the left would not touch the edges of the photo.

i fully agree with your suggestion, i feel the same way too, still got a lot to learn. Thanks for comment.

Good to wait a little longer for more lights to be switched on in the buildings and the photo should also look a lot more different from this one.

MGohzxc said:
Good to wait a little longer for more lights to be switched on in the buildings and the photo should also look a lot more different from this one.

I did take some picture at the later time , but we only allow one picture for C&C.

good attempt but the little stuffs at the left bottom corner seemed out of place.

tecnica said:
good attempt but the little stuffs at the left bottom corner seemed out of place.

Yes it doesn't match, but I got no idea how to avoid it.

Yes it doesn't match, but I got no idea how to avoid it.

perhaps you can try a different framing, the mbs boardwalk has a lot of space for you to work with. ;)

if you don't mind, i can post one of my photos of the same scene.

You are right. The crop is very tight, claustrophobic tight. Appears unbalanced too. If that's what you are after, I'd suggest you try zooming in further. Let the buildings fill the frame. Colours are ok.

tecnica said:
perhaps you can try a different framing, the mbs boardwalk has a lot of space for you to work with. ;)

if you don't mind, i can post one of my photos of the same scene.

Yes please post, I would like to learn from u, thank in advance

Kit said:
You are right. The crop is very tight, claustrophobic tight. Appears unbalanced too. If that's what you are after, I'd suggest you try zooming in further. Let the buildings fill the frame. Colours are ok.

Your suggestions is perfect for this title, but I want to include the river, to give a different layer.

this picture is beautiful, is it process in HDR , colour are very rich , i like it ,especially the guy in front taking picture, but it don match the title, it doesn't have a Modern Forest look, i think Kit suggestion is more suitable for this title.

yes it's HDR.

that guy is a friend of mine, who i included to add a touch of human element into the photo.

i'm not concern about your title, just sharing with you my perspective of this scene.

yes it's HDR.

that guy is a friend of mine, who i included to add a touch of human element into the photo.

i'm not concern about your title, just sharing with you my perspective of this scene.

my mistake, i thought u want to show me a picture that u took that is similar position from where i took the picture. Thank again.

my mistake, i thought u want to show me a picture that u took that is similar position from where i took the picture. Thank again.

no worries, i'm cool. ;)

suggest to crop away a bit more of the right hand side to balance out the "tightness" of the composition, perhaps also try a longer exposure to get silkier skies and water. the image would also benefit from a greater crispness to the fine details of the buildings and greater contrast between the buildings and the background to give the subject more 'pop'.
7781754230_6c9197eafa_o.jpg

suggest to crop away a bit more of the right hand side to balance out the "tightness" of the composition, perhaps also try a longer exposure to get silkier skies and water. the image would also benefit from a greater crispness to the fine details of the buildings and greater contrast between the buildings and the background to give the subject more 'pop'.
7781754230_6c9197eafa_o.jpg

i like your crop alot , i have thought of that but no courage to do it, don't know why , and your crispness and contrast , give the picture a fantastic look , very futuristic, thank for your effort , u always come up with something different, and i definitely learn from you.

i like your crop alot , i have thought of that but no courage to do it, don't know why , and your crispness and contrast , give the picture a fantastic look , very futuristic, thank for your effort , u always come up with something different, and i definitely learn from you.

:thumbsup:

I guess you don't want to cut off the grand Fullerton Hotel, and also don't want to loose the nice sunset colours that's why (a bit wasted right hehe). However to match your theme have to fill the frame to the max to get the feeling, giving an impression that it's not the end to the skyscapers

Thanks for sharing, we all learn from the seniors' suggestions too :)

thoongeng said:
:thumbsup:

I guess you don't want to cut off the grand Fullerton Hotel, and also don't want to loose the nice sunset colours that's why (a bit wasted right hehe). However to match your theme have to fill the frame to the max to get the feeling, giving an impression that it's not the end to the skyscapers

Thanks for sharing, we all learn from the seniors' suggestions too :)

You can read my mind , this is exactly what I thought, we have to thanks all senior who have given us their suggestion.