Models


Status
Not open for further replies.

Alias7

New Member
Jun 22, 2005
99
0
0
#1
i realised that the models most Csers shoot lack of sth. the X factor.
i see that most models do have quite perfect features. complexion is like completely flawless,
long hair, slim with make up. but most just lack of that X-factor.
alright, im gonna get lotsa bombardments haha, but yeah this is what i think so.
 

Nov 5, 2003
183
0
16
Visit site
#2
Alias7 said:
i realised that the models most Csers shoot lack of sth. the X factor.
i see that most models do have quite perfect features. complexion is like completely flawless,
long hair, slim with make up. but most just lack of that X-factor.
alright, im gonna get lotsa bombardments haha, but yeah this is what i think so.
Hi Alias7,

Not to worry I'm with you on this. So that makes the 2 of us. ;)

Hewland
 

catchlights

Moderator
Staff member
Sep 27, 2004
21,903
46
48
Punggol, Singapore
www.foto-u.com
#3
bombarding? not really.

But for sure you will be famous in short while, before other start replying you, may I ask you please kindly show us some of your works with what as you called the X-factor.

Thanks in advanced.
:)
 

Alias7

New Member
Jun 22, 2005
99
0
0
#4
Hewland said:
Hi Alias7,

Not to worry I'm with you on this. So that makes the 2 of us. ;)

Hewland
haha that's good news man. to be really frank, i think some of these models like way too cheenah for me.
 

student

Senior Member
Jul 26, 2004
3,078
0
0
#5
Sometimes the lack of "X-factor" may not be the fault of the models, but the fault of photographers who chose to photogrph them that way.
 

Alias7

New Member
Jun 22, 2005
99
0
0
#7
catchlights said:
bombarding? not really.

But for sure you will be famous in short while, before other start replying you, may I ask you please kindly show us some of your works with what as you called the X-factor.

Thanks in advanced.
:)
haha thats just my personal perspective, do i necessarily need to show images of models who has the X-factor? besides, i think i have someone who agrees with me.

it's just a comment that i strongly believes in which i don't think that i have to show one to prove that whatever statement i've said is wrong. like i said, it's something that i "think" and sees it. i've seen some nice ones like the one lil_princess shot. the one with the tilted frame.
 

melissafaith

Deregistered
Dec 12, 2004
608
0
0
#8
Alias7 said:
i realised that the models most Csers shoot lack of sth. the X factor.
i see that most models do have quite perfect features. complexion is like completely flawless,
long hair, slim with make up. but most just lack of that X-factor.
alright, im gonna get lotsa bombardments haha, but yeah this is what i think so.
To each his own.

But i'll be interested to see what u mean by "X-factor"! ;)
 

thobs

New Member
Aug 31, 2005
134
0
0
#9
catchlights said:
bombarding? not really.

But for sure you will be famous in short while, before other start replying you, may I ask you please kindly show us some of your works with what as you called the X-factor.

Thanks in advanced.
:)
:thumbsup:

student said:
Sometimes the lack of "X-factor" may not be the fault of the models, but the fault of photographers who chose to photogrph them that way.
:thumbsup:
 

melissafaith

Deregistered
Dec 12, 2004
608
0
0
#10
student said:
Sometimes the lack of "X-factor" may not be the fault of the models, but the fault of photographers who chose to photogrph them that way.
Yep, Dr Chong. I agree with u that photogs are the main culprits of making a model look very bad sometimes.
 

jOhO

Senior Member
Apr 20, 2003
6,485
0
0
42
Singapore
www.expressivelyjoho.com
#11
Alias7 said:
haha thats just my personal perspective, do i necessarily need to show images of models who has the X-factor? besides, i think i have someone who agrees with me.

it's just a comment that i strongly believes in which i don't think that i have to show one to prove that whatever statement i've said is wrong. like i said, it's something that i "think" and sees it. i've seen some nice ones like the one lil_princess shot. the one with the tilted frame.
er.. i know it's not on topic, but lil_princess IS the model, that photo wasn't shot by her.

ok on topic now, well i guess u're just stating an opinion, nothing wrong with that (whether or not someone has agreed with u is beside the point), but probably one that does generate challenges (or as u call it, "bombardment") and confusion (wat is X-factor anyway?)

so.. was that the aim? to generate challenge and confusion (among other things)?

eheh anywayz, happy shooting always. :)
 

jOhO

Senior Member
Apr 20, 2003
6,485
0
0
42
Singapore
www.expressivelyjoho.com
#12
melissafaith said:
Yep, Dr Chong. I agree with u that photogs are the main culprits of making a model look very bad sometimes.
yeah man i agree, cos i do it!! let me have the honour of being the first to admit it. :)
 

Skye Tan

New Member
Sep 14, 2005
324
0
0
38
singapore
www.skyetan.com
#13
take both hands to clap.

beautiful model = better shooting opportunity but not necessary= good pictures

Even when shooting with beautiful model, one must be able to seize the opportunity and capitalise on the beauty of the person. I sure some of you have seen ulgy pictures of models who are actually very beautiful.

BUT.. there are some case of photographers i.e Paolo roversi who uses ulgy models at time but still make beautiful images.

Bottomline. it's good to know what you want to acheive before selecting which models to use. And use it to the best of your knowledge or else it's a compromised piece of work. :p
 

Alias7

New Member
Jun 22, 2005
99
0
0
#14
haha nah, it is just a opinion thats coming out from me, didnt mean to create any form of confusion. hmm perhaps just a challenge to photographers to explore more field.

have u watched any of steven spielberg's movie? jurassic park and war of the world.
could u spot the X-factor of these two movies? perhaps i could help u abit. for jurassic park 2, what inspired steven spielberg is the part when the woman fell on the glass on the trailer and it started to crack and then the trailer just went passed crashing down them? and war of the world would be the part when the "tentacles eye" of the "tripod" going into basement of the house searching for any signs of humans. these are the X-factors which Steven Spielberg visualises and he directed the movies based on such X-factors.

it's like the determining factor of the outcome of the movie. so i would agree that it comes the same for model shoots. the X-factor would be what determines the feel of the picture. personally, i think that so far the photographer i admire most would be burmotic. his pictures are raw and gives u that natural feel.

i've been a Cser for months and pictures i've seen too much are the "babes" of whatever roadshows and man, they probably look too off or they all look the same.
hahaha seriously guys, pls do not take this too personally.

like what MelissaFaith says "to each his own". im just bringing out my pt of view and would like to hear the views of others. Correct me if i've said anything that i've offended anyone.
 

Alias7

New Member
Jun 22, 2005
99
0
0
#15
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Skye Tan said:
take both hands to clap.

beautiful model = better shooting opportunity but not necessary= good pictures

Even when shooting with beautiful model, one must be able to seize the opportunity and capitalise on the beauty of the person. I sure some of you have seen ulgy pictures of models who are actually very beautiful.

BUT.. there are some case of photographers i.e Paolo roversi who uses ulgy models at time but still make beautiful images.

Bottomline. it's good to know what you want to acheive before selecting which models to use. And use it to the best of your knowledge or else it's a compromised piece of work. :p
 

melissafaith

Deregistered
Dec 12, 2004
608
0
0
#16
Alias7 said:
haha nah, it is just a opinion thats coming out from me, didnt mean to create any form of confusion. hmm perhaps just a challenge to photographers to explore more field.

have u watched any of steven spielberg's movie? jurassic park and war of the world.
could u spot the X-factor of these two movies? perhaps i could help u abit. for jurassic park 2, what inspired steven spielberg is the part when the woman fell on the glass on the trailer and it started to crack and then the trailer just went passed crashing down them? and war of the world would be the part when the "tentacles eye" of the "tripod" going into basement of the house searching for any signs of humans. these are the X-factors which Steven Spielberg visualises and he directed the movies based on such X-factors.

it's like the determining factor of the outcome of the movie. so i would agree that it comes the same for model shoots. the X-factor would be what determines the feel of the picture. personally, i think that so far the photographer i admire most would be burmotic. his pictures are raw and gives u that natural feel.

i've been a Cser for months and pictures i've seen too much are the "babes" of whatever roadshows and man, they probably look too off or they all look the same.
hahaha seriously guys, pls do not take this too personally.

like what MelissaFaith says "to each his own". im just bringing out my pt of view and would like to hear the views of others. Correct me if i've said anything that i've offended anyone.
Np. :) Or at least u haven't offended me. ;) Cos i tend to agree what u mean by the lack of x-factor and just having a pretty face.
 

Puffish

New Member
Nov 29, 2004
174
0
0
42
Punggol
#18
just my little input.

for me, x-factor is ...
the moment you look at the pic, you feel like wanting to know more about the model,
or the subject.

It is because something unexplainable (that's why the term X-factor)
in the pic is somehow 'talking' to you, trying to get you involved with
the pic / model.
It's not just a passive "look at the pic, compliment it and forget about it" .

just my view :)
 

Alias7

New Member
Jun 22, 2005
99
0
0
#19
haha i duno where to post it and posting here is easily spot on. could the MODS help me to move this?i would appreciate that a lot. thx.
 

Alias7

New Member
Jun 22, 2005
99
0
0
#20
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Puffish said:
just my little input.

for me, x-factor is ...
the moment you look at the pic, you feel like wanting to know more about the model,
or the subject.

It is because something unexplainable (that's why the term X-factor)
in the pic is somehow 'talking' to you, trying to get you involved with
the pic / model.
It's not just a passive "look at the pic, compliment it and forget about it" .

just my view :)
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom