Models/wannabe models please be careful... (Bogus photographer arrested for coercing)

not the first time

here is another old case:

http://www.corpun.com/sgj00202.htm

While pretending to adjust her gown or setting up pictures while they were alone, he touched her breasts three times, photographed her exposed breasts after pulling her dress down, kissed her and molested her while adjusting her underwear.

He was arrested at the wedding dinner the same evening.

Pleading for leniency yesterday Oh's lawyer, Mr Lim Kia Tong, said that the woman was partly responsible for her ordeal because she never tried to stop Oh or raise 'a whimper of objection'.

is this the one where he uses a hp to take thier photos?

CS or not, we all have to be careful. Especially the female models, experience or newbies.

Well, there's a few around who are similar to this case and I've heard many stories or rumors of them right form the horses mouth or tru friends.

This does give the Photog circle here a black mark... but that's the thing, we won't know who or where and we can't stop them... we can only be extra careful...

http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC100204-0000112/Blackmailed-for-sex
Blackmailed for sex

Bogus photographer threatened victims to comply with demands
05:55 AM Feb 04, 2010

SINGAPORE - He claimed to be a professional photographer, befriending his female victims online and leading them to believe he would pay them for modelling assignments.

During the photo sessions, he asked them to undress and pose in revealing shots.

But at the end of the shoot, he refused to pay up or help them secure other modelling assignments - on the contrary, he threatened to post compromising pictures of them online if they did not give him money or pander to his sexual demands.

Since November, two of his victims, both 20-year-olds, had come forward to tell the police their woes.

The bogus photographer proved elusive at first. He could not be traced.

But after protracted enquiries, officers from Ang Mo Kio Police Division finally nabbed the 35-year-old at Kitchener Road on Tuesday.

Preliminary investigations indicated he could be involved in more cases involving a similar modus operandi, and are urging victims of his scam to lodge a police report if they have not done so.

The suspect will be charged in court today for cheating and criminal intimidation under the Penal Code.

Police said a Court Order will be sought to remand him for further investigations.

A person convicted of cheating could be jailed up to 10 years and fined, while the offence of criminal intimidation carries a maximum jail term of two years and/or a fine.

Commending his officers on their work, Commander of Ang Mo Kio Police Division HQ, Deputy Assistant Commissioner of Police Hsu Sin Yun, advised members of the public to be wary of strangers whom they befriend on the Internet, and to inform the police immediately if they should sense anything amiss.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cant wait to see the name of this scumbag .....

not the first time

here is another old case:

http://www.corpun.com/sgj00202.htm

Pleading for leniency yesterday Oh's lawyer, Mr Lim Kia Tong, said that the woman was partly responsible for her ordeal because she never tried to stop Oh or raise 'a whimper of objection'.

Amazing.... Guilty already still shift blame.

Yeah, lesson learned. allocated some skill points in blame shifting skill.

If my boss caught me browsing clubsnap, I'll shift the blame to moderators and CS-ers for making this forum so interesting.;p

What kind of era am I living in...:bheart:

i think if he is proven guilty, the punishment will be years of jail inclusive of "strokes" ; super painful. I just dun understand why some people want to obtain sex the wrong way.

Last edited:
Man charged with cheating
By Elena Chong

A MAN allegedly tricked another into believing that he could get him a loan of $8,540 and induced the victim to transfer a total of $400 to his account.

Tan Eng Hwa, 35, is accused of deceiving Mr Ho Yew Leong into transferring $300 and two sums of $50 into his POSBank account as a condition to get him the loan.

Tan, who was nabbed at Kitchener Road on Tuesday, is believed to have been involved in separate cases of posing as a photographer to coerce young women into giving in to his sexual demands and giving him money.

He was remanded at Ang Mo Kio police division for investigation.

If convicted of cheating, he can be jailed for up to 10 years and/or fined on each charge.

I refer to the article in the link provided below which I came across on Yahoo! News.

Bogus photographer arrested for coercing sexual favours

I understand that he was arrested because he forced the girls to give him sexual favours and asked them for money, while he didn't pay them for the modelling nor fulfill his promise of getting modelling assignments. He also threatened to pose compromising photos of the girls online if they didn't give in to him.

My concern is, so if I am to do a tfcd shoot of exposing theme, say lingerie or even nudity, wouldn't it put me at a risk cause a model can just turn around and said I promised them this and that and didn't fulfill the promises; or even that I didn't pay them even though I 'agreed' when in actual fact no monetary compensation was agreed.

Do I have a way of protecting myself? Say a release form? Or any better ways?:think:

And what is the definition of a "professional photographer"?

If my friends once paid me $20 per hour to help them shoot for their blogshops, can I tell prospective models that I am a "professional" photographer? I mean I did earned some money with my photography skills right?

Or I have to be like carrying tens of thousands dollars worth of equipments, only shoot celebrities, and for big time prints' covers and famous posters/online materials, then I'm truly "professional"?:dunno:

I just hope local girls, who aspire to be models, would look out for people as in guy the article, but also be more open to people who simply wants to shoot good pictures, and not jeopardise the person's future due to disagreement. :)