Models/wannabe models please be careful... (Bogus photographer arrested for coercing)

its time to let him taste the rotan on his backside:angry:

When he's convicted, I'm sure the ST will publish his headshot pic...

Then will know if he's on CS ....

hmmm ...he might even have joined some of the organised shoot ....:devil:

Anyone who think that they can get away with such acts better think twice. Singapore is small and it's easy to track you down.

BTW, microcosm told me a while ago that one of the CS mod actually manage to track down my imposter who's trying to bluff lynnie into a shoot several mths back. Heard that the guy is banned from CS..

Anyone who think that they can get away with such acts better think twice. Singapore is small and it's easy to track you down.

yes, and the internet is abound with net CSIs :bsmilie::bsmilie:

yes, and the internet is abound with net CSIs :bsmilie::bsmilie:

I still don't have a picture of you though :embrass: (the old goat don't count)

wonder who r the 2 models affected? I was guessing should be freelance models

I still don't have a picture of you though :embrass: (the old goat don't count)

just track his gf...u will find him saying this:

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for camera, I can tell you I only have k20. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a night86mare for people like you. If you let my koloa go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will shoot you. (taken 2009)

Last edited:
This has been posted many many times in KPT until mod fed up :nono:

For TFCDs, just always stick to public accessible places if the photographer is a stranger..

Not sure why a model(who are not comfortable with explicit themes) would wanna do explicit themes with strangers and expose themselves to unnecessary risks..

Not sure why a model(who are not comfortable with explicit themes) would wanna do explicit themes with strangers and expose themselves to unnecessary risks..
i think in this case, they were willing and comfortable with the themes. :dunno:

I won't be surprised the extent some lass will go in their ambitions... :bsmilie:

For TFCDs, just always stick to public accessible places if the photographer is a stranger..

As long as there are willing models to pose for such people. Such people will still go on.

More like we should educate the models to be more witty and practice caution.

Maybe we should issue a SOP kit with pepper spray inside to all models. Haha.:bsmilie:

If they are comfortable with the theme (meaning they're ok to have such pictures of themselves accessible to the public), then how can they be blackmailed?

After all, a model, having their pictures taken and being paid for it, somehow will expect that the pictures will place somewhere that people might view right? Isn't that the default nature of being a model? (say, in the advertising industry). To have picture taken and viewed by the public.

Take the example of China's photography forums. The models accepted the modeling assignments and the pictures are all over the place. If they are comfortable with it and being paid for it, what's the big deal to have the pictures posed on the internet?

If they(the one in the story) are not comfortable with that, why accept such assignment..

Or gone are the days whereby being a photography model means "to have pictures taken and displayed"?

i think in this case, they were willing and comfortable with the themes. :dunno:

Last edited:
If they are comfortable with the theme (meaning they're ok to have such pictures of themselves accessible to the public), then how can they be blackmailed?
i quote:

When the suspect met the victims, he would request for them to undress and pose in revealing photo shoots.

At the end of the photo-shoot, the suspect would renege on his promise to pay the victims or assist them in securing modelling assignments.

He would also threaten to post compromising photos of the victim on the Internet if the victims did not give in to his sexual demands or give him money.

so tell me, take photo of them, means not post?

either they are very dumb and naive, or they were high when he made those requests.

What I meant is, if they are not comfortable with the fact that the pictures might be exposed to the public, why be a model for such assignment in the first place?

if it is for the money, then it is simply a case of non-fulfillment of payment. how can the blackmailing be effective.. why are they worried about the pictures leaking out when they have already decided to pose for the camera of a stranger..

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_489304.html
Feb 11, 2010
Bogus photographer charged

By Elena Chong, Courts Correspondent

A MAN accused earlier of cheating another was charged on Thursday with posing as a professional photographer to take pictures of three women either in the nude or in lingerie.
He was charged last week with three counts of cheating Mr Ho Yew Leong of a total of $400 in July last year.
The fresh charges accuse him of cheating Mr Ho of another $3,900 last August by making him transfer the money to his POSB account as a condition of getting him a loan of $8,540.
The 36-year-old unemployed man is also said to have deceived a 20-year-old student into believing that he would pay her $700 for allowing him to take pictures of her in lingerie and in the nude on Dec 30 and 31 last year respectively.
He is alleged to have similarly duped a 22-year-old graphic designer into posing for him in lingerie on April 15 last year, and deceived an 18-year-old student into allowing him to take pictures of her in the nude at a hotel last June.
Bail of $20,000 was allowed. Police are still investigating.
Tan, who will appear in court again on Feb 25, faces a jail term of up to 10 years and a fine upon conviction of each charge.